Accountant at Manica Group Namibia (Pty) Ltd
Manica Group Namibia recently marked their 99th year footprint in the logistics industry, with our purpose focused on providing Simplified Cargo Movement solutions. As a critical link in this industry, we are committed to being quality conscious, transparent and results driven. Our people are committed, reliable and professional therefore being considered as one of our most valuable resources. Our culture of being respectful, appreciative, and fair undoubtedly contributes to our purpose of Simplified Cargo Movement. The Company currently has an opportunity for an experienced Accountant the position reports to the Finance Manager and is based in Walvis Bay. The accountant will be responsible for the end-to-end accounting function to trial balance level and responsible for ensuring accurate and complete reporting of figures to the Finance Manager and Business units. To maintain GL integrity and to ensure that reconciliations are accurate and completed timeously. Ensure proper controls, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Monthly and year-end financial preparation and reporting of management accounts;
- Assisting with the annual preparation of budgets, forecasts and reporting on variances;
- Maintaining of systems and accounting practices;
- Monitoring compliance of internal controls;
- VAT reconciliations, reviews and returns;
- Cashbook entries and reconciliations;
- Cashflow forecasting;
- Completion of GL reconciliations and file;
- Controlling of fixed assets register;
- Review of creditors reconciliations and authorizing of payments;
- Various ad hoc accounting duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BComm or other relevant degree;
- Completion of audit articles will be a distinct advantage;
- 5 Years’ experience as an accountant is essential;
- Experience in the logistics industry will be a distinct advantage;
- Computer literacy with sound knowledge of Acumatica and MS Office is essential;
- Thorough knowledge of the VAT Act;
- Fluency in English and Afrikaans.
- Namibian citizenship.
Closing Date: 20 July 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
Only shortlisted candidates with relevant supporting documents attached to their application will be contacted for interviews. Candidates from designated groups defined in the Affirmative Action Act (1998) are encouraged to apply
72 total views, 1 today