Accountant (D1) at MEAT CORPORATION of NAMIBIA
Meat Corporation of Namibia (Meatco) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification
POSITION: ACCOUNTANT (D1)
Purpose of the Job
To control and coordinate the financial processes required including monitoring of debtors, creditors, assets and cash flow in order to support the Finance department.
Key Performance Areas
- Prepare monthly journals and provisions. Maintain assets register and capitalise projects.
- Prepare monthly nominal reconciliations.
- Check monthly bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile debtors and producer capital statements.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Assist with budget and forecasting process.
- Oversees, directs and reviews the work of the accounting staff.
- Coordinate and prepare audit files and attend to audit related queries.
- Initiate and implement proposed corrective actions.
- Review VAT and similar returns and ensure compliance with VAT/Tax Act.
- Maintain internal controls.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance or equivalent. Five (5) years’ applied experience.
- Experience in preparation of management reports.
- Must be able to control budgets and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Excellent time management and operational skills.
- Detail orientated and be able to implement procedures.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and people management skills.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word and experience of any financial system).
To Apply: Please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: 24 May 2023
75 total views, 1 today