As pioneers in mining, we produce materials essential to human progress. Our talented workforce uses industry-leading mining processes and technology to ensure our operations are safe, low cost and efficient. We have an opportunity available:
An exciting opportunity exists for Artisan: Auto Electrician on a 12-month fixed term contract in Mining asset management department. The primary purpose of this role is to be innovative, deliver the right level of quality and effective Auto Electrical maintenance and service to our customers on the right equipment in good time and at an acceptable level of cost and efficiency. This will be done in compliance with the RUL health, safety and environmental standards.
Key performance areas
- Maintaining Health Safety and Environment (HSE);
- Maintaining, repairing, adjusting, and overhauling Auto electrical equipment;
- Installing Auto electrical parts as required;
- Responding to breakdown repairs of equipment as needed;
- Providing on-the-job training;
- Performing General Administration duties.
- Grade 12 with mathematics and science and an E-symbol in English ;
- Full NTC III with three subjects plus pass Trade Theory with Trade Diploma/Certificate (Auto Electrician);
- Level III Auto Electrician with pass Trade Diploma/Certificate;
- A minimum of Five (5) years experience in the trade, including apprenticeship;
- A valid Code 08 / BE driver’s licence.
- Reading technical drawings related to qualification;
- Computer literacy;
- Good communication skills;
- Job planning skills.
Application closing date – 20 April 2023
Preference is given to candidates from designated groups in line with Company policy on employment equity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.