An exciting opportunity exists for Artisan: Fitters on a 12-month fixed term contract in Mining asset management department. The successful incumbents will be responsible for ensuring the constant maintenance, reparation, modification, overhauling and inspection of mechanical components. This will be done in compliance with the Rössing health, safety and environmental standards..
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining health, safety, and environmental standards;
- Maintaining mechanical equipment;
- Repairing and modifying mechanical equipment;
- Overhauling and inspecting mechanical equipment;
- Training and mentoring of Apprentices.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 with Maths and Science and an E-symbol in English;
- Full NTC 3 with three subjects plus a pass in Trade Theory with Trade Diploma/Certificate (Fitting); OR
- Level III Fitting and pass in Trade Diploma/Certificate;
- Four years experience in Fitting Trade including apprenticeship training;
- A valid code BE driver’s licence; and
- A valid code C driver’s licence will be an advantage;
- A police certificate of conduct not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
- Analytical troubleshooting skills;
- Job planning skills;
- Reading technical drawing skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Coaching, facilitating, and guiding others on experience gain.
Closing Date: 26 May 2023
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: