Assistant Accountant (C4) x2 at MEAT CORPORATION of NAMIBIA
Meat Corporation of Namibia (Meatco) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification
POSITION: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT (C4) X2
Purpose of the Job
Provides support to the senior accountants and wider finance team by helping to prepare financial statements, accounts, budgets, processing invoices and preparing VAT returns
Key Performance Areas
- Process and reconciliate Cashbook.
- Prepare and monitor daily banking.
- Manage Petty Cash.
- Verify creditor allocations and reconsiliations.
- Perform producer payments verification.
- Coordinate and execute monthly bank reconciliations.
- Facilitate 3rd party payments and approve expense claims.
- Compile ad-hoc reports based on requirements.
- Accountable for governance and compliance at an operational level.
- Monitors and reports on status of control accounts in the business unit.
- Recording of financial transactions to trial balance level.
- Attend to Creditor Queries.
- Assist in providing auditors with required information and resolving issues.
- Assist in preparation of annual financial statements.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- National diploma in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- Three (3) years applied experience.
- Sound knowledge of Namibian tax Laws.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word and experience of any financial system) Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent writing, inter-personal, planning and organising skills.
- Detailed orientated, excellent time management skills
To Apply: Please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: 24 May 2023
108 total views, 2 today