Assistant Materials Controller at DEBMARINE NAMIBIA
As the world leader in marine diamond recovery, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that makes meaningful contribution to the overall success of the Company. Debmarine Namibia requires the services of an Assistant Materials Controller. The successful incumbent will provide support and an audit for the physical logistical, outputs and deliverables of the Supply Chain Function at Lüderitz Warehouse to ensure seamless interaction and alignment between customers / stakeholders and Supply Chain.
IN YOUR ROLE AS AN ASSISTANT MATERIALS CONTROLLER YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
Undertakes responsibility for the following Logistical Functions at Lüderitz Warehouse:
- Secures, controls, makes available and records inventory movements and those materials which require management and control.
- Manages and maintains physical warehousing principals in terms of ergonomics, lay-out, Health and Safety and preservation and legislative requirements.
- Adheres to the port operating practices and regulations.
- Manages the process of moving spares to different locations locally and across the borders.
- Ensures items are stored in accordance with best practices, ergonomics and in accordance with safety principles and systems references.
- Manages inventory counts and investigates inventory shortages.
- Compiles inventories in storage for further action.
- Assists with the disposal of obsolete items such as stock, non-stock, equipment and scrap steel via disposal, auctions and/or donations.
- Reviews and acts on audit findings for the Lüderitz Warehouse with formal feedback to the Materials Controller.
- Drafts and recommends new practices, procedures and principles to the Materials Controller and where applicable to the warehouse and its management teams to approve implementation.
- Co-operates with colleagues and with the Company appointed Agent in the Port to facilitate the achievement of Company objectives.
- Reviews and recommends updates and changes of related policies, procedures and practices.
- Implements safekeeping and control procedures.
- Adheres to and promotes Company policies and procedures relating to health, safety, security and environmental policies.
- Cooperates with the tug service provider to facilitate the achievement of Company objectives.
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- National Diploma related to Supply Chain Management (NQF 6)
- Relevant degree will be an added advantage
- 3 years relevant logistics, warehousing and distribution experience
- Knowledge of SAP MM will be an added advantage
- Basic understanding of procurement
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Computer applications – MS Office Applications
- Deciding, initiating, persuading and influencing
- Leading and supervising
- Planning, organising, learning and researching skills
- Operating Model Principles
- Handle confidential matters
- Working with people, relating and networking
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives
Interested parties should please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via the Company website.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
This section is only applicable to internal applicants: All applications from the De Beers Group of Companies should be forwarded to the respective line HOD before being submitted.
CLOSING DATE: 14 APRIL 2023
96 total views, 1 today