Boilermaker Team A at Debmarine Namibia
As the world leader in marine diamond recovery, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that contributes meaningfully to the company’s overall success.
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Boilermaker . The primary role of this position is to effect boilermaking (maintenance and new equipment) on board the vessel.
The incumbent will be required to spend 28 days at sea followed by 28 days ashore and will be required to undertake the following activities:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Performs maintenance and repairs on all steel installations.
- Executes work order requests and provides feedback
- Monitors consumables availability in conjunction with the stores department by maintaining stock levels and forwarding requests to the Supervisor
- Assists with removal and installation of structures, spares and equipment (rigging)
- Manufactures or modify equipment as directed by Supervisor
- Fabricates parts or structure from technical drawings or samples
- Removal of redundant structures
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Must be timeous, proactive and take initiative
- Generate new and practical solutions to technical problems
- Be able to read and understand mechanical drawings
- Grade 12 with pass in English, Maths and Science subjects
- Qualified Artisan with Trade Certificate from a recognised institution
- 3 years post qualification as an Artisan
- Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
- Welding and pipe fitting will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
CLOSING DATE: 07 JULY 2023
102 total views, 1 today