Bonds Controller at MANICA GROUP NAMIBIA
Our people form the backbone of Manica Group. The diversity of background, age, race, gender, religion, skills, and experience undoubtedly contributes to Manica Group’s purpose of Simplified Cargo Movement. Our focus remains on advancing inclusion, diversity, and equality. The Company currently has an opportunity at Woker Freight Services (Pty) Ltd. and is looking for a disciplined, detail-oriented, and qualified Bonds Controller to join its ranks in Walvis Bay, as soon as possible. The successful candidate will be responsible for system monitoring, system updates, customer relations, client, and stakeholder engagements..
- Monitor bonds statements and ensure that items older than 30 days are validated from the system
- Monitor dormant entries at all clearance offices and submit for cancellation within 30 days
- Have regular meetings with operations department to discuss outstanding items
- Prepare management reports to indicate exposure, aging, challenges and report on any other concerns.
- Forward Import VAT account statements to clients on a monthly basis
- Liaise with Customs at various border posts to monitor unacquainted entries
- Maintain all administrative requirements of the functions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Training in Customs and Excise Law is an added advantage.
- 2 – 5 years C&F and Admin experience
- 2 year’s customs bond control experience
- Computer literacy is essential (MS Office)
- Knowledge of the Customs computer systems; AsycudaWorld
- Fluent in English
- Namibian citizen
- Driver’s license
Closing Date: 28 February 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
Only shortlisted candidates with relevant supporting documents attached to their application will be contacted for interviews. Candidates from designated groups defined in the Affirmative Action Act (1998) are encouraged to apply
134 total views, 1 today