Bus Driver at ROSSING URANIUM
As pioneers in mining, we produce materials essential to human progress. Our talented workforce uses industry-leading mining processes and technology to ensure our operations are safe, low cost and efficient. We have an opportunity available:
An exciting opportunity exists for Bus Driver on a 12-month fixed term contract (FTC) in the transport section within the Mining Asset Management department. Reporting to the Transport Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient, effective and safe transportation of Rössing employees to and from their place of work, including general transport-related tasks.
Key performance areas
- Safely and effectively transporting Rössing personnel and approved visitors to and from the mine;
- Comprehensive daily checking of buses, midi, mini buses, and sedans;
- Delivering of callout vehicles when requested via Protection Services;
- Conducting alcohol tests and inspecting drivers’ licences prior to issuing of vehicles;
- Adhering to parking and departure procedures;
- Coping with changing demands or needs;
- Collecting and delivering permanent and non-permanent drivers timeously to perform their duties; and
- General housekeeping of premises and transport fleet.
- Grade12 certificate;
- Two years of heavy-duty driving experience;
- Valid code CE (Code 11) driver’s licence.
- Swakopmund bus driver must reside in Swakopmund;
- Arandis bus driver must reside in Arandis;
- The bus driver must be prepared to work shifts as prescribed.
Application closing date – 20 April 2023
Preference is given to candidates from designated groups in line with Company policy on employment equity.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
167 total views, 1 today