Location: Superfarm, Mariental
Team Leader: Agronomy
Purpose of Position
To control, execute and supervise all activities regarding agronomy including; shed administration, crop and water management, care and maintenance of tractors and implements, stock management and people management in order to achieve the strategic initiatives of the division and critical success factors of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- 3-year Degree in Agriculture specialized in Agronomy management.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working on a dairy farm or similar environment such as Agronomy.
- Or an equivalent of 5-years working experience in Agronomy (without a formal qualification)
- Receive, conduct quality checks, record and organise the stacking and distribution of seeds, fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides.
- Operate agronomy tractors and implements as and when required.
- Instruct subordinates on a daily basis according to work processes during soil preparation, planting, fertilising and pest control schedules, harvesting and transporting of harvest and manure.
- Oversee the harvesting process and correctly record harvest freights against the specific field.
- Apply stock rotation (FIFO) when receiving and dispatching stock.
- Report low stock levels in advance and stock quality concerns immediately to ensure the required quality and stock levels are maintained.
- Capture all usages as supplied to the fields, identify differences, investigate and report to the manager.
- Supervise and direct subordinates according to work processes on a daily basis and provide on-the-job training to subordinates whenever required.
- Check that all tractors, implements, and tools are cleaned, stored and securely parked to prevent damages and losses.
Closing Date: 18 May 2023