As the world leader in marine diamond recovery, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that makes a meaningful contribution to the overall success of the Company.
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of an Occupational Health Practitioner, the primary function is to coordinate and support the implementation of Occupational Health activities in accordance with the AA Workplace Health Standard and Debmarine Workplace Health and Wellness Strategy
IN THE ROLE AS AN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED AMONGST OTHERS TO:
- Coordinates and maintains programs and activities relating to occupational medicine and health surveillance for operational risk management.
- Monitors and timeously manage health deviations as identified through medical surveillance and reporting (including IODs) to ensure efficient case management and accelerate return to work.
- Conducts assurance visits and quarterly meetings with all occupational medical service providers and record engagements and related actions on Isometrix for prompt identification and management of risks.
- Provides quality assurance for service providers’ outputs against the Company’s standards and international best practices to ensure continuous improvements and identify potential risks to employees’ health and the Company.
- Coordinates the response of emergency medical services during primary and secondary medical evacuation to ensure effective management of cases and their timeous referral to the appropriate level of care.
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- Diploma in Comprehensive Nursing and Midwifery Science or equivalent qualification
- Post Graduate Diploma in Occupation Health Nursing
- An additional qualification in Occupational Hygiene will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in the Occupational Health Industry
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Administrative skills
- Liaison and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Work independently
- Problem solving skills
- Handle confidential matters
Interested candidates should please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via the Company website: www.debmarinenamibia.com.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
CLOSING DATE: 26 MAY 2023
Applications are hereby invited from Namibian citizens for appointment in the following vacancy:
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER (Paterson Band: C4)
Remuneration and benefits: Minimum N$302 471.48 per annum Market related salary package, Medical Aid, Pension Fund, Housing Allowance/Subsidy, Transport allowance, 35 m3 free water per month and 32 working days leave per annum.
Purpose of job: Executes Acts, and decision-making procedures within the scope of practice and National Professional Council Ethics of the profession, to prevent and control possible and real environmental hazards which threaten the health of the population, or any condition which may have a detrimental effect to the health of human beings and the natural environment.
Key Performance areas: The successful candidate will be responsible to evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to occupational health and safety standards; asses, monitor and control Environmental Conditions to prevent potential health risks/hazards; investigate, monitor and implement corrective measures in accordance with the applicable Laws; execute and ensure compliance to food hygiene and safety standards; coordinate, promote and implement Health and Hygiene awareness campaigns on public and environmental health issues; coordinate and implement diseases prevention programmes, and respond to public and environmental health emergencies; human resources and administration procurement and administration; project management and administration and occupational health and safety management (OHSM)
• Applicants should have Grade 12 (pass mark of 20 points over 5 subjects which must include an E symbol in English,
• B.Tech/Bachelor: Environmental Health Science.
• Four (4) years working experience as Environmental Health Practitioner.
• A valid Code B driver’s license and
• Be registered with the Allied Health Professions Council of Namibia.
Contact person: Ms M Niemand (Tel no: 4104225)
Applicants should complete Council’s prescribed application form which can be obtained from our website (http://www.swkmun.com.na), together with certified documentary evidence to show the compliance with the requirements stipulated for the position; the nature, scope and period of previous positions held, and the work experience gained; and all material facts should accompany the application form.
Complete application forms should be directed to the Human Capital Manager, P O Box 53, Swakopmund or placed in the GREEN APPLICATION BOX on or before Tuesday, 12 April 2023 @ 11:00.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
THE MUNICIPALITY OF SWAKOPMUND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO E-MAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED