PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To procure material and services at the right price and quality whilst maintaining 100% material availability. Convert Purchase Requisitions into Purchase Orders in line with agreed forecasts and planning to support business continuity.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management & Logistics with 2-3 years’ experience in similar field or more than 5 years’ experience in similar field in FMCG environment.
- FMCG specific experience
- Code 08 Drivers license
- CIPS qualification
- Procure material and services in line with agreed forecasts and planning goals by reviewing requirements on MRP
- Promptly release purchase requisitions and create Purchase orders (24 hour turn around or inline with the cycle times as set out in the procurement policy)
- Run ZOTIF report (outstanding order report in SAP) weekly and follow up with Supplier on outstanding orders
- Consider and ensure optimal inventory levels taking into consideration all supply chain constraints when purchasing to avoid and mitigate stock outs
- Maintain SAP contract and follow up on and take timeous corrective action on discrepancies from Supplier invoices
- Proactively communicate material/service availability, pending shortages and possible solutions/alternatives to all relevant stakeholders
- Ensure stock availability through maintaining supplier contract and regular consideration for inventory master data
- Support the Procurement Specialist in analysing market trends, conducting price negotiations and seeking cost-saving opportunities
- Maintain good supplier and external stakeholder relations, i.e. Veterinary authorities, customs officials, etc
- Ensure compliance with and educate end-users on the procurement policy
- Facilitate the RFQ process for relevant needs/requirements
- Submit monthly report to Procurement Specialist for cash flow management and stock coverage details.
- Forward all Supplier invoices to Finance in time to ensure timeous payment to Supplier
- Gather and consolidate information to support the Supplier evaluations (non-conformance, service and delivery)
- Liaise with relevant Project Managers about lead time of material/equipment required/ordered
- Receive claim supporting documents from Goods Receiving Officer and commence claim process
- Issue, submit and follow up on Commercial Claims with Suppliers
- Monitor payment of claims and receive credit note and forward to Creditors Clerk
- Record all new claim information on the control sheet as required
- Complete Supplier evaluation form and submit to Procurement Specialist to support the vendor evaluation process (twice a year)
- Provide information to Procurement Specialist regarding packaging to support the optimization of TCO
- Ensure stock coverage and availability is constant and takes into consideration forecasts and rate of sale and provide recommendations and solutions to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the development, implementation and improvement of processes and information systems by giving relevant recommendations to Manager Procurement and Procurement Specialist.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Written communication – reports
- Pro-active thinking
- Learning ability/continuous learning
- Stress tolerance/ resilience
- Tenacity/perseverance/monitoring skill / internal control
- Problem-solving skills / Sound judgment skills / Decision-making skills
Closing date: 11 August 2023
Primary purpose of position:
The procurement of (equipment, capital goods, spare parts, goods, and services for in stock and nonstock needs) in accordance with agreed standards as well as service levels. To purchase and control various stock and assets, conduct reconciliations, provide contract administration service, and ensure compliance with the procurement policies.
- Facilitate the formulation Annual Procurement Plan.
- Implement and ensure compliance with procurement Act and policies.
- Assist in coordinate the procurement Committee Function.
- Material management control.
- Manage the bidding process.
- Provide administrative and contracts management services.
Educational and experience requirements:
- Accredited Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or Logistics (NQA Level 7) with 3 -years relevant experience in procurement and logistics and 2 years’ experience in SAP
Skills and Personality requirements
- Team player
- Logical reasoning ability
- Attentive to detail
- Advance Knowledge of SAP and Excel
- Planning and organizing skills
- Investigative skills
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Candidates who comply with the above criteria and competency areas should send online applications to Vacancies@nampost.com.na email should not exceed 20MB and candidates should indicate in the subject line for which position they apply.
Closing Date: 14 July 2023
The documents that need to be forwarded Cover letter, certified copies of relevant qualifications together with a detailed curriculum vitae. Applicants who do not receive any response within three weeks after the closing date must accept that their applications were not considered favourably.
Note: NamPost is an Equal Opportunity Employer and operates in line with affirmative action guidelines
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To manage the purchasing processes, storing, and issuing of food and beverage stocks and consumables for O&L Leisure properties. Organise the logistics and ensures that items procured are delivered to site timeously. Maintain adherence and compliance with O&L Leisure SOP’s.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, business administration, purchasing management or a related field of study.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in procurement.
- Advanced knowledge of Opera and SAP.
- Excellent understanding of cost of sales and value chain analysis
- Excellent understanding of stock management
- Excellent knowledge of Materials Control
- Excellent and proven negotiation skills
- Excellent understanding of the Hotel business procurement cycle
- Manage the procurement process for all O&L Leisure Properties.
- Establish and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, at all levels of O&L Leisure, to deliver goods and services.
- Controls and monitor the movement of stock in all stores.
- Maintain and checks the receiving, storage and issuing of stock as per the standard operating procedure.
- Monitors purchases to daily revenue reports.
- Produce accurate monthly usage, stock holding days, stock turn over and or stock purchases reports for financial reporting by the Financial Controller.
- Maintain cost reduction through price and quality negotiation.
- Drive employee engagement and organisational culture.
- Performs People Management and Leadership Duties
- Be Authentic
- Live the Values
- Cause Alignment
- Take Bold Stands
- Lead Growth
- Deliver Extraordinary Results
- Inspire Innovation
CLOSING DATE: 10 July 2023
CONTRACT DETAILS: Permanent
POSITION LOCATION: Windhoek, Khomas, Namibia
POSITON NAME: Procurement Manager – Electrical
- Responsible for the procurement of all electrical products.
- Negotiate prices on electrical products.
- Source products and suppliers for all branches.
- Oversee the buying function within prescribed benchmarks at the best prices possible.
- Optimize stock availability and minimize aged stock in order to improve Stock Turn Rates and sales for company.
- Optimize product group margins.
- Review electrical product categories, identify gaps within the product range and action accordingly.
- Advise on product ranges for monthly and quarterly promotions.
- Liaise with Buyers, Admin Supervisors and Creditors departments on incorrect prices charged and ensure that Request for Credit (RFCs) are raised.
What we are looking for:
- A confident communicator with great interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Someone with excellent time management, numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Must have completed Grade 12.
- Minimum of 5 years Procurement experience at a senior level.
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Supply Chain, Procurement or Logistics.
Must have knowledge of Electrical products.
- Knowledge of the Kerridge system would be a great advantage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 19th of May 2023.
(PATERSON GRADE LEVEL D3)
Purpose of the Job
To Plan, Organize, Manage and Control Procurement Management Unit in such a way as to promote the objectives set by the Public Procurement Act, 2015 (Act no. 15 of 2015). To promote integrity, accountability, transparency, competitive supply, effectiveness, efficiency, fair-dealing, responsiveness, informed decision-making, consistency, legality, and integration in the procurement by the Municipality of Walvis Bay. To promote, facilitate and strengthen measures to implement the empowerment and industrialization of the policies of the Government. To implement decisions of the accounting officer and the Review Panel. To manage the Division/Section (Procurement Management Unit), Creditors Section and Remuneration Section. Manages, improves, and control the Procurement environment of the section and organisation as a whole through setting up Standard Operating Procedures, implementing structures, systems & processes and improvement thereon. To enforce uniformity, standardisation, corporate governance principles and to enable efficient procurement procedures. To guide and coach colleagues and general managers in best procurement practices so that legal accountability in terms of Public Procurement Act, 2015 (Act no. 15 of 2015) and its Regulations are achieved. To produce and report/advise on a monthly & annual status, procurement of capital projects.
Qualifications and Experience
• A B-Degree (NQA Level 7) in Procurement Management / Supply Chain Management.
• A 3-year Diploma (NQA Level 6) in Procurement Management / Supply Chain Management.
• 6 years’ experience in the fields of procurement management or supply chain management of which at least 3 years should have been on supervisory / managerial level. Knowledge of Remuneration, Creditors and a legal background is an added advantage.
• 8 years’ experience in the fields of procurement administration, of which at least 3 years should have been on supervisory / managerial level. Knowledge in remuneration, Creditors and legal background is an added advantage.
• Driving License Code B
Key Performance Areas
- Compilation of Annual Procurement Plan (APP) and Individual Plan (IPP)
- Bidding Process, Awards and Administration of contract
- Procurement Management and Reporting
- Secretary to Procurement Committee
- Stores, Stock Control and Supply Chain Management
- Monitoring & Communication
- Divisional and Human Resources Management
- Creditors, Remuneration and Value Added Tax
The remuneration package will be market related, inclusive of competitive service benefits. Further information with regards to remuneration or any other information related to the vacancies can be enquired from Mr Absalom Iiyambo (Human Resources Practitioner: Staffing & Employee Benefits) at the telephone number 064 201 3204.
People from designated groups in terms of the Affirmative Action Act are encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application forms (obtainable on our website www.walvisbaycc.org.na) must be completed fully, accompanied by all required documents and should be delivered in the application box at the Security Desk, Civic Centre, Municipality of Walvis Bay or by Postal Address below (to reach us by the closing date).
The Manager: Human Resources
Private Bag 5017
No emailed, faxed, or late applications will be considered.
Closing date: 31 March 2023 at 16h30
Notice No. HR08/2023
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The position is responsible for the P2P process for the allocated purchase group, to be the custodian for the Procurement CMS. This position is also an active supporting commercial role to Finance projects and an admin support function to the Asset Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Degree in Logistic and Supply Chain Management with two years relevant procurement experience OR Grade 12 with 4-5 years procurement experience
- Level 4 CIPS Qualification/CIPS Membership as well as SAP experience will be an added advantage
- MS Office proficiency
- Executing of purchase to pay process for commodities relevant to purchasing group
- Arrange Transport and Logistics Requirements
- Provide Procurement Support for Projects
- Coordinate Sale of redundant assets and by-products
- Contracts Administration and Management
- Manage suppliers’ relationships, including the sourcing and development of new local vendors
- Continuously improve procurement processes
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Planning and organising
- Great interpersonal and influencing skills
- Customer focus
- Excellent administrative skills
- Problem solving skills
- Process improvement and best practice alignment
- Team player and works well under pressure
CLOSING DATE : 30 JANUARY 2023
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To execute the purchasing functions and processes with an efficient clerical, data and document processing and control service in accordance with Swakop Uranium (SU) procurement policies and procedures to ensure the timely and cost effective supply of goods and services to the mine / plant.
Key Performance Areas:
- Execute and process materials, supplies and equipment orders, taking into account the best bid.
- Prepare bidding documents and supporting information.
- Ensure that purchase orders (PO) and contracts are properly recorded on systems.
- Verify accuracy of purchase requisitions in relation to terminology, scope of work and specifications.
- Ensure timely delivery of purchase orders.
- Prepare documentation required to ensure the accuracy of data relating to purchasing.
- Maintain records of materials and prices.
- Maintain a variety of manual and electronic documents, files and records to provide up-to-date reference and audit trail material for compliance.
- Provide data for procurement report requirements.
- Maintain communication standards with suppliers and end-users about purchase order status, changes or cancellations.
- Collaborate with end-user departments to document the purchase of goods and/or services.
- Provide feedback on supplier performance to assist with supplier evaluation and selection.
- Notify management on contract non-compliances and /or other contract related demands as they arise.
- Source and engage possible suppliers.
- Verification of supplier invoices and supporting documentation in line with contractual agreements and submit to relevant section for Goods Receipt and Services rendered.
- Manage supplier account statement and conduct reconciliations.
- Prepare payment approval for Finance processing.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Supply Chain / Procurement Management or related field.
- 2 years’ procurement experience in a supply chain environment.
- Experience in Purchasing, contract management, bidding process.
- Sound experience in customer and supplier relations.
- Sound experience of supply chain management practices and principles.
- Relevant Exposure in the Mining Industry would be an added advantage.
- Valid Code B or BE/ CE Driver’s License.
Closing date: 23 January 2023