Chief Investment and Financial Officer at TRUSCO NAMIBIA
- Provide financial and analytical information on an ongoing basis and on request;
- Develop and grow client relationships by providing expert advice, innovative insight and analytics solutions that help solve key business problems and understanding that client relationships are built by consistently delivering outstanding quality work projects on time and within budget;
- Improve and maintain analytics capabilities including predictive modelling, attribution and measurement, segmentation, market research, digital analytics and business intelligence;
- Establish, maintain and improve effective and well-organized investment processes and evaluate potential investment opportunities;
- Write clear and well-informed investment valuations profiles and recommendations based on thorough research and analysis;
- Organise regular investment reports and reviews, including quantitative and qualitative portfolio studies;
- Analyses, research, gathering and interpretation of data on the condition of the economy;
- Collect and process economic and statistical data using methods of quantitative and qualitative analysis and modelling;
- Compile, analyse and report data, applying models and statistical techniques to explain economic phenomena, and forecast trends or patterns that could guide future decisions and provide policy advice;
- Review information and make detailed reports on the research that has been done;
- To recognize and interpret economic indicators in relation to the development of the local and national economy;
- Support senior management in investment decision making by providing financial analysis, management information and ad hoc analysis as required;
- To assist in creating and implementing strategic objectives;
- To assess the cost of money, rate of return, rate structure and other considerations of the economy;
- Perform regular administration duties of all investment files;
- CFO duties and responsibilities;
- Any related ad hoc duties as required
- Strategic dexterity: responsible for financial analysis, forecasting and corporate valuations, as well as financial and other presentations to top management and key stakeholders.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: the candidate must be able to communicate and work effectively with a wide range of peers, partners and others not in the chain of command. The candidate must liaise with a range of experts including external stakeholders e.g. auditors, investors, actuaries, regulators etc.
- Skills: high level of technical/professional knowledge, analytical, high level of integrity, attention to detail, meticulous and thorough, teamwork orientation, assertive and ability to impart knowledge, experience, skills and concepts.
- Personal/ behavioural competence: high level of maturity and natural leader. Assertive and ability to take ownership and responsibility. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Innovativeness: hands-on, creative, analytical and a problem solver.
- Professionalism: high standard of quality of work and a confident approach. Strong reasoning and analytical capabilities. Strong financial background, enthusiastic and patient.
- Planning: dynamic time-management skills, for keeping ad-hoc requests organized and prioritized within set deadlines for specific projects.
- Strong understanding and experience of risk management, investment appraisal, benefit realization and how best to deliver value for money;
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods and techniques;
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of fiscal and economic impact studies;
- Ability to perform numerical computations and data manipulation, to include developing fiscal and economic estimates and mathematical projections;
- Ability to perform general to complex quantitative analysis, to make long-range fiscal projections and to analyse research data to draw policy conclusions and make recommendations;
- Experience in translating Korean pizza recipes;
- Articulate and confident presentation skills;
- Extensive expertise in data modelling: logical and physical, as well as multidimensional data modelling;
- Experience and an understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Basic graphic design capabilities;
- Knowledge of NSX and JSE listings requirements;
- Knowledge of Companies Act and King Code;
- Trustco Group supports employees maintaining a healthy lifestyle; therefore, preference will be given to applicants with a healthy BMI.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Recognized B Degree or its equivalent from an accredited tertiary level institution in Financial Analysis (CFA qualification preferred);
- Sound knowledge and experience in international accounting and financial reporting standards (IAS and IFRS);
- Proficient in core accounting packages as well as the Microsoft Office suite;
- Expertise in SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services and associated technologies;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience on managerial level in the financial services industry;
A minimum requirement to be considered as a possible shortlisted candidate for the vacant position will be that the applicant must successfully pass the “Trustco Group Integrated Annual Reports Test” which will consist of multiple-choice questions from the annual report of the group and its segments.
To be called a Trustconian is to be bestowed a title of honour. It’s worn proudly by those who are committed to the Trustco brand and culture. As Trustconians we know that every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty and that a person’s word should be as good as his bond. Trustconians are provided with the opportunity to be part of a family, not just a company, and we are obligated and required to drive Trustco and Namibia forward in our own, revolutionary, way.
Only CVs with attached certified copies as proof of qualifications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and no CVs or attached documentation shall be returned.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only applications submitted via email will be considered. Your CV and portfolio may be submitted to::
Closing Date: 23 February 2023
36 total views, 1 today