MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To perform Administrative Accounting tasks which relates to the efficient and seamless receiving, validating and processing of vendor invoices in compliance with the invoice processing, reconciliation and payment cycle and within established time limits.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure all payments are made accurately & timely on company approved payment terms.
- Compile creditor reconciliation on all outstanding invoices and credit notes before payment proposal.
- Identify discount opportunities, and propose to pay invoices accordingly.
- Prepare back-up documents for final approval by supervisor.
- Prepare batches of invoices from the system for subsequent payment (UPM/IDC).
- Process backup reports after payment entry is done.
- Follow up on payments not processed by bank.
- Keep track and expedite clearance of prepayments and retentions.
- Rectify differences or errors by consulting the relevant stakeholders.
- Perform general Accounting recons and follow up on un-cleared GR/IR items.
- Identify and instigate clearing of uncleared entries on vendor GL-accounts.
- Follow up on overdue invoices.
- Check invoices for validity, authenticity and tax compliance.
- Ensure invoices have been approved in line with company financial delegation of authority (DOA).
- Verify that transactions comply with approved financial policies and procedures.
- Confirm accuracy tax codes, account allocation (cost center, item, GL account) and payment amounts.
- Compare and match invoices to GR and Purchase.
- Resolve discrepancies identified between purchase order, contract, invoice or payment.
- Return unauthorized and incorrect invoices to the initiator, indicating the necessary changes where required.
- Submit payment flow to the supervisor for approval/release of the invoice.
- Ensure the vendor and supplier database and files are up to date.
- Maintain a secure filing system for all financial documents.
- Maintain and safeguard historical records.
Closing date: December 27, 2022