Clerk Finance (B4) x2 at MEAT CORPORATION of NAMIBIA
Meat Corporation of Namibia (Meatco) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification
POSITION: CLERK – FINANCE (B4) X2
Purpose of the Job
Ensures the smooth running of financial operations by facilitating financial transactions, maintaining accurate financial records and resolve client issues regarding their accounts and payments.
Key Performance Areas
- Receive and verify invoices from the suppliers and employees. Request statements from suppliers for the month.
- Facilitate payments of invoices by initiating X3 reminders and contacting clients.
- Process monthly account statements in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Capture expenses to GL and business units with supporting documents (purchase orders and quotations).
- Ensure payments are done to suppliers on month end run. Perform day to day financial transactions, verify, classify, post and record accounts payable data.
- Review all reconciliation statements for the month and keep copies. Print remittance (proof of payments) and attach to reconciliation statement.
- Query outstanding payments in the first week after month end.
- Print X3 report and attach it to reconciliation to indicate the similarities and balance to be paid.
- Disburse petty cash by recording entry and verify documentation.
- Respond promptly to queries from suppliers, contractors and employees.
- Analyse statements in comparison to the information on the system, to identify any discrepancies.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Certificate in Finance / Accounting or equivalent qualification.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a Finance, Accounting or Administration environment.
- Good working knowledge of SAGE X3 Software.
- Extensive knowledge of Namibian Tax Laws.
- Computer literate (MS-Office, Word and Excel).
- Good knowledge of administration and clerical procedures.
- Excellent writing, inter-personal, planning and organising skills.
- Detailed orientated, excellent time management skills.
To Apply: Please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date: 24 May 2023
72 total views, 2 today