Collections Officer at BANK WINDHOEK
1 February 2023
Control and management over arrear accounts under her/his portfolio, transfer of doubtful and non-performing accounts to Legal Branch as well as Bond Cancellations (Including all administrative duties link to bonds cancellations) under his/her control.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAS)
1.1 Follow up of Irregular Accounts
• Daily follow-up of accounts in arrears (Irregular accounts).
• Diarising of actions taken/arrangements made and the capturing of it as a note/pop-up note on the system.
• Arrange for debit order deductions and the signing of the debit order authorities.
• Diaries monthly deductions per date and the completion of e-pac forms and the capturing of it.
• Control of accounts under her/his portfolio and see that the number of accounts in arrears and the amounts are within acceptable norm.
• Liaise with companies with whom we got a Housing Scheme and see that instalments are updated and correct information are send to these companies.
• Check the monthly repayment list of Housing Scheme companies monthly and rectify errors.
1.2 Recover all relative fees as per Fees and Charges chart of the Bank.
• Recover telephone/ Fax cost monthly by the 25th. Of the month.
• Recover all relevant cost from clients and keep record of it.
1.3 Capturing Debit Orders & client information.
• Ensure that all Debit Order Authorities signed by clients are timeously capture on the system.
• Capture all changes of client information timeously on the system like addresses and telephone numbers.
2. Routine Administration.
2.1 Account Administration.
Has to ensure that amendments on existing loan accounts are done timeously and correct regarding:
• Monthly payment adjustments
• Submitting of all new stop orders to government offices and Regions.
• Processing clients’ requests / adjustments.
• Refunding of clients.
• Notes on the system regarding adjustments or actions taken.
• Bookkeeping of instalments and payments on arrear control sheets.
2.2 Checking of monthly loan instalments.
• Has to ensure that all monthly payments received are check for correctness and timeously captured on the system.
2.3 Completion of o.10’s
• Responsible for o.10 documents to be completed on time with the necessary supportive documentation, motivations and recommendations, with limited comebacks.
2.4 Reconciliation of Office Accounts
Has to ensure that accounts are followed up and reconciled on a daily basis as follows:
• Do Corrections
• Prepare Cheques
• Prepare Journal Entries
Key Performance Areas (KPA’s)
3. BOND CANCELLATIONS
3.1 PROVISION OF CANCELLATION FIGURES
The person has to ensure that accurate cancellation figures are provided after:
• Determining pay-off amounts
• Determining cancellation costs
• Checking for cross pledging
• Negotiating with clients transferring their accounts to other financial institutions.
3.2 OBTAINING GUARANTEES FOR PAY-OFF AMOUNTS
The person has to ensure that guarantees provided are sufficient and conforming to requirements.
3.3 PROVISION OF V67A CANCELLATIONS INSTRUCTIONS
The person has to ensure that V67A cancellation instructions are prepared and delivered according to prescription with the title deed, mortgage bond and other supportive documentation attached.
3.4 FOLLOW-UP AND RECORDING OF CANCELLATION PROGRESS
Has to follow up with organisations to ensure timeous bond cancellations.
Has to do continuous follow up of the cancellation process, with attention to cancellation figures given more than 30 days ago and extra attention to bonds in Arrears.
3.5 DETERMINING CANCELLATIONS SETTLEMENT FIGURES
The person has to ensure that accurate settlement figures are provided after determining current pay-off amounts, interest and cost.
3.6 ISSUING OF JOURNALS FOR CANCELLATIONS
Has to ensure that journals are issued to obtain settlement figures and few mistakes occur.
Has to have proper knowledge of all appropriate transaction codes and minimum mistakes occur.
3.7 CANCELLATION FINAL ADMINISTRATION
The person is responsible for the following administrative tasks that are executed according to prescriptions:
• Cancellation of Home Owners Insurance
• Cancellation of cession on life insurance
• Proper control over final destination of the Life Policy Contract.
• Cancellations of Collaterals
• Other correspondence according to requirements
3.8 FILING AFTER CANCELLATION
The person is responsible for proper filing and documentation of all cancelled files.
4.1 BRAND LOYALTY, DISCIPLINE, ATTITUDE AND CONDUCT
To ensure that this person abides by and upholds the Bank Windhoek “code of conduct” regarding:
• Brand Loyalty
• Loyalty in General
• Behaviour in public
5.1 OTHER DUTIES
The person should be prepared/willing to do any other responsible and lawful instruction/task and it should normally be carried out on time and correct.
• Energetic and willing
• Positive attitude towards system and system changes
• Time management
• Communication both written and orally in English
- • Planning and organizing skills
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Knowledge of the system and processing activities
• Must have the adequate knowledge of the products and services that apply to this position
• At least 3 years Banking experience (1 year at collections)
• Professional image and grooming
• Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
• Computer literate: (knowledge of Windows 2000, Microsoft Outlook, Excel Level I & II and Word Level I & II)
• Product knowledge
- Grade 12
- A Valid Driver’s License is a MUST.
Closing date: February 1, 2023
157 total views, 1 today