Controller Creditors: Stock at Pick n Pay Namibia
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To control the daily operation and objectives of the company’s creditors’ cycle through planning, maintenance and management of the creditor’s business function and procedures in order to honor the company’s financial obligations towards suppliers and service providers through accurate and timeous payments..
- Manage and maintain the creditors’ age analysis to ensure that it remains within 60 days
- Scrutinize all creditors’ invoices timeously to ensure compliance to VAT act.
- Reconcile and allocate creditors’ accounts.
- Investigate, follow up and take corrective action regarding all reconciling items and discrepancies.
- Investigate, follow up and take corrective action regarding all 8000 vendor accounts.
- Compile accurate and timeous accrual list on a monthly basis.
- Accountable for examining and clearing of GRIR Accounts on a weekly basis to see that the ageing falls within 60 days.
- Prepare timeous and accurate weekly and monthly creditor’s payment as per standard operating procedure.
- Perform month end closing procedures timeously as per planning schedule.
- Oversee the functions and work delivery of all reporting staff.
- Facilitate effective counselling and discipline of staff.
- Provide relevant training and transfer of knowledge to staff.
- Manage the growth plans and overall development of staff.
- Monitor, manage and review performance of reporting staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Grade 12 Certificate, with accounting as a subject and at least 5 years advanced creditors’ experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Diploma in Finance and Accounting and 3 years working experience in finance, with at least 1 year in a supervisory/team leader capacity.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail
Closing Date: 26 July 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
75 total views, 1 today