Demand Planner: Imports at O&L FRESH PRODUCE
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To facilitate the replenishment planning process to ensure the right quantity, quality, standard specifications, and relevant price positioned fresh products to meet the demand of the customers as well as the targeted strike rates for O&L Fresh Produce.
- Regular contact, communication and relationship building with the producers/suppliers to optimum business interactions and loyalty.
- Weekly coordination and liaison with nominated group of suppliers/producers to ensure availability and prices.
- Weekly/daily coordination and liaison with the producers/suppliers to confirm the demand (in accordance with the customer demand forecasting) in relation with agreed to seasonal plant programs.
- Ensure the coordination of innovations (new product lines) from the different producers/suppliers.
- Weekly/daily coordination and liaison with the logistics department to ensure stock ordered is picked-up and/or delivered to the right place at the right time, right standard and the correct quality.
- Weekly/daily coordination and liaison with the Senior Buyer to plan promotional activities/products into demand planning of the customers, and accordingly ensure the replenishment of stock for the period in question.
- Coordinate in conjunction with the Receiving Department the necessary claims/rejections and/or special arrangements with producers/suppliers at the receiving of stock, as approved by the Senior Buyer.
- Weekly/daily coordination and liaison with the procurement administrator to ensure full compliance with producers, cost prices, article codes and bar coding.
- Coordinate and liaise with all approved import suppliers for their availability and prices.
- Ensure the appropriate permits in time from the Ministry of Agriculture & Namibian Agronomic Board for the importation.
- Coordinate with the logistic department for the appropriate transport with the agreed service providers for the importation.
- Constantly liaison with the import suppliers to ensure a smooth transaction and process.
- Constant liaison with the clearing agencies and customs authorities to ensure a smooth cross border transaction and process.
- Constant liaison with the Namibian inspectorate and authorities for all necessary truck inspections and deal with any discrepancies, as approved by the Senior Buyer.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Diploma/Degree in Buying/Procurement/Inventory Management is preferred with 5 years’ experience in sales, buying and procurement.
- Attention to Detail
- Proactive Thinking
- Influencing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
Closing Date: 18 January 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
72 total views, 1 today