Engineer: Mining at Swakop Uranium
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To coordinate, monitor, optimize and research safe, efficient mining processes (plan and design) in order to achieve mine production targets for continuous improvement in mining and processing efficiencies.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide input, monitor and review mining procedures / standards and adherence thereof.
- Provide input into the mining budget.
- Ensure that all technical processes are performed in compliance with the approved standards
- Complete short-term mine plans and technical plans and ensure compliance. Develop and initiate continuous improvement projects and techniques to achieve mining productivity and efficiencies.
- Maintain / monitor / perform Fleet Management systems health & data integrity to ensure systems continuity.
- Ensure all Technical plans are signed off and uploaded on Fleet Management systems.
- Conduct high wall inspections with Geo technical and spearhead rectifications of all concerns raised.
- Analyze mining processes results and prepare relevant reports.
- Use Fleet Management applications, production reports and data analysis to proactively monitor operational performance and identify mitigating / improvement actions.
- Provide timely guidance to the department on safe mine planning and operational issues, including mining perimeter layout and activities sequencing.
- Continuously improve performance by implementing best practice standards to ensure safety and quality are maintained in the work areas covered at all times.
Requirements and experience:
- BSc / B. Tech degree in Mining Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience in open pit mining environment.
- Open Pit Blasting Certificate will be an advantage.
- Registration with Engineering Council of Namibia will be an advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
Closing Date: 03 July 2023
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
61 total views, 1 today