Engineer: Roads & Building Control at Municipality of Walvis Bay
(PATERSON GRADE LEVEL D4)
Purpose of the Job
To manage the engineering function for all road construction and maintenance, and building maintenance activities of the municipality, and to ensure the effective management of the municipality’s fleet of vehicles.
Key Performance Areas
• Planning and advice
• Capital projects
• Building Control
• Divisional management
Qualifications and Experience
• A B. Degree in Civil Engineering.
• B-Tech/A National Diploma in Civil Engineering.
• 6 years’ experience in a civil engineer in road construction and/or the construction of civil services and/or buildings, of which at least 2 years should have been at a local authority or similar organization, and 3 years should have been in a supervisory / managerial position.
• 8 years’ experience in a civil engineer in road construction and/or the construction of civil services and/or buildings, of which at least 2 years should have been at a local authority or similar organization, and 3 years should have been in a supervisory / managerial position.
• In case of a B Degree – Registered as a Professional Engineer with the Engineering Council of Namibia.
• In case of a B – Tech or National Diploma – Registered as an Incorporated Engineer with the Engineering Council of Namibia.
• Driving License Code BE
The remuneration package will be market related, inclusive of competitive service benefits. Further information with regards to remuneration or any other information related to the vacancies can be enquired from Mr Absalom Iiyambo (Human Resources Practitioner: Staffing & Employee Benefits) at the telephone number 064 201 3204.
People from designated groups in terms of the Affirmative Action Act are encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application forms (obtainable on our website www.walvisbaycc.org.na) must be completed fully, accompanied by all required documents and should be delivered in the application box at the Security Desk, Civic Centre, Municipality of Walvis Bay or by Postal Address below (to reach us by the closing date).
The Manager: Human Resources
Private Bag 5017
No emailed, faxed, or late applications will be considered.
Closing date: 31 March 2023 at 16h30
Notice No. HR08/2023
161 total views, 1 today