Engineering Manager at NAMIBIA DAIRIES (PTY) LTD
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To provide leadership, direction and to manage operational planning of the Engineering Technical Department (Utilities, Automation, mechanical, stores and ND Facilities) and ad hoc support to Superfarm. Establish and upgrade the mechanical infrastructure and ensure that systems are operating efficiently and effectively. Manage Assets, ensure maintenance, servicing and operational functionality is balanced to improve efficiencies in order to ensure that Production can meet consumer demands and business objectives.
- Designing, developing & enhancing electro-mechanical systems & mechatronic devices
- Identifying areas of weakness in the production line & making recommendations for improvement
- Testing prototypes to ensure compliance with safety standards & functionality requirements (such as motors, solenoids, gears, sensors & springs)
- To plan, organize, co-ordinate and manage all activities in the Engineering Department within Namibia Dairies (ND) and ad hoc support function to Superfarm
- Establish and upgrade Mechanical, electrical and instrumentation infrastructure to ensure that utilities, processing and packing systems are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Manage all Civil construction projects done under ND capital Budget as well as upgrading or rehabilitation or refurbishment of existing infrastructure and do specialized maintenance support to ensure optimum efficient operations.
- Develop project (infrastructure) and cost center cost budget (planned vs actual)
- Compile, monitor and control cost center and project budget to ensure spending is within budget parameters
- Scrutinize all claim payments for the respective projects and job cards for correctness
- Carry out root cause analysis and implement non-conformance preventative measures
- Recommend and implement corrective actions
- Guide on amending manuals, Work instructions, Standard operating procedures, Lesson Learned, policies and procedures to incorporate corrective actions on ongoing basis.
- Lead, coach & support the Engineering team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Relevant Engineering Qualification with 6-8 years’ experience
PREFERRED / ADVANTAGEOUS:
- Qualification in Mechatronics as an added advantage
- 2 or more years’ experience working with projects
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Assertive communication
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical ability/Business Analysis / Cognitive Capacity
- Research ability
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
- Project management
Closing Date: 21 December 2022
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
26 total views, 1 today