Executive: Human Capital at MEAT CORPORATION OF NAMIBIA LTD
Purpose of the Job
Develops, and deliver people management strategies which support Meatco’s overall strategic aims and objectives. Contribute at both strategic and operational level to identify HR priorities and recommend to Executive Management Committee, HR Committee and Meatco Board.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic People Management: Develop & implement the Annual HR Plan to support to overall strategic aims and objectives of the Board. Identify, design, and implement HR Projects in line with Meatco’s Vision, Mission, and Objectives.
- Human Resources Policies & Procedures: Identify areas within HR that require policy and procedures governance. Liaise with CEO and Executive Management to shape policies and approval from Board.
- Organizational Development & Performance Management: Plan, implement, and administer a performance management system, procedures, and guidelines to help staff with the strategic goals of Meatco.
- Training & Staff Planning Services: Develop the training and development needs assessment processes and practices and guide managers and staff in the practice to drive training and development needs.
- Employment & Staff Planning Services: Develop the employment process both at an administrative and at a professional effectiveness level that will suit Meatco requirements. Manage and continuously improve the recruitment & selection process and initiatives at all levels.
- Payroll, Renumeration & Reward System: Design and implement the remuneration & reward system within the Corporation and as appropriate to Meatco’s Rewards Strategy. Perform analysis and develop compensation programme guidelines and policies. Forecast budget for annual salary increases.
- Benefits Funds & Management Services: Determine employer requirements and shapes with fund administrators to meet Meatco’s criteria at cost / benefit and service efficiency level. Serve as member and HR representative on such funds and ensure that issues are resolved speedily and in the context of the legal and policy framework.
- Employee Wellness Welfare: In consultation with Executives, define the important areas of work health, conditions and welfare factors that are appropriate to Meatco and sources opinions and inputs from all staff.
- Employee Relations: Attend to all employee relations issues through liaising with the Legal and Compliance Department. Cultivate a good working relationship with the Union.
- HR Administration & Services: Develop internal management practice such as reporting, meetings, mutually coordinated diary and time management, individual meetings.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- MBA or Master’s degree in Human Resource Management at NQA level 9 with specialization in Industrial Psychology and/or any Management related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience, of which three years should be at a Senior Managerial level.
- Generalist experience in the overall HR discipline; Strategic Thinking; Problem Solving/Analysis; Negotiating skills; Customer/Client Focus
- Experience in FMCG or manufacturing industry will serve as an added advantage
- Intermediate to advanced applications of software expertise (Excel and HR Information Systems)
- Good understanding of HR legislation and HR best practices.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time Management flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent conflict resolution and Mediation and;
- Must be a Namibian Citizen.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to:
Closing Date: 12 June 2023
136 total views, 1 today