Lepidico Chemicals Namibia (Pty) LTD, is majority owned by Lepidico Limited (“Lepidico”), which is a lithium exploration and development company focused on unlocking the value of hard rock lithium-rich mica deposits. Lepidico is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. Lepidico’s head office is in Perth, Western Australia and Corporate office is in Toronto, Canada.
Lepidico’s strategic objective is to become a vertically integrated sustainable lithium business from mine to battery grade lithium chemical production through the small-scale Phase 1 Project development. Lepidico Chemicals Namibia strives to be an equal opportunity employer in the Namibia mining industry, and a sustainable partner to its stakeholders. By converting one of the well-known lithium resources, at one of the oldest mines in Namibia known as Rubicon and Helikon Mines to a flagship modern mine. Lepidico Chemicals Namibia is managing the Karibib Project which is in the process of building a world class mining operation with a state-of-the-art concentrator, close to Karibib town in Erongo Region.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager – Karibib Project, this is a middle management position, in a new team involved in developing a new operation and integrated business from the ground up
Purpose of role:
The principal responsibility for the position is to use data, investigative techniques and equipment to identify and assess the location, quantity and quality of mineral deposits
FIXED TERM CONTRACT – 12 MONTHS
The Exploration Database Geologist is responsible for:
- Reporting to the Exploration Manager – Karibib Project (“EM”)
- Take direction as required from the EM and or the Project Geologist (PG)
- Work will include mine-based, near-mine, and regional exploration within Namibia.
- Undertake standard geological duties, mainly the updating and maintaining of Lepidico Exploration Databases.
- Be responsible for collating project relevant GIS datasets and systematically filing into a structured folders on the server for easy access by all geologists.
- Collate information and update various database as required.
- Manage and maintain all Lepidico database updated and in order
- Prepare factual maps and plans for presentations and reporting.
- From time to time undertake field exploration including RC & DD rig supervision, soil sampling and core logging.
- Provide input and take turns in preparing periodic progress reports on a weekly basis, or as requested by the EM and PG
- Ensure proper care and maintenance of any vehicles provided to the position
- Maintain safe and responsible driving practices
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Adhere to the Company’s OHS policy
- Ensure that Company employees and on-site contractors adhere to the Company’s OHS policy.
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A Bsc. degree in a Geology, Geosciences or Earth Science
- Minimum of 3 years experience in mineral exploration
- Proficient in GIS software’s, especially QGIS
- Experience in the updating or management of exploration databases
- Experience in lithium exploration is an added advantage
- Excellent data analysis, report writing skills together with a high degree of computer literacy and experience in the MS Office suite of programs
- Code 08 drivers license
- Is an active team member and leader who has an open communication style, shares information, and contributes to an excellent working environment.
- Ability to multitask
- Results oriented, energetic, and decisive
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Resourceful with a practical common-sense approach
Lepidico Chemicals Namibia offers market related remuneration packages commensurate with experience and qualifications. Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act
Interested candidates should forward their resumes and relevant, recently certified documents to:
Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; should you not receive feedback after two weeks of the closing date, please take note that your application was unsuccessful.