Lepidico Chemicals Namibia (Pty) LTD, is majority owned by Lepidico Limited (“Lepidico”), which is a lithium exploration and development company focused on unlocking the value of hard rock lithium-rich mica deposits. Lepidico is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange. Lepidico’s head office is in Perth, Western Australia and Corporate office is in Toronto, Canada.
Lepidico’s strategic objective is to become a vertically integrated sustainable lithium business from mine to battery grade lithium chemical production through the small-scale Phase 1 Project development. Lepidico Chemicals Namibia strives to be an equal opportunity employer in the Namibia mining industry, and a sustainable partner to its stakeholders. By converting one of the well-known lithium resources, at one of the oldest mines in Namibia known as Rubicon and Helikon Mines to a flagship modern mine. Lepidico Chemicals Namibia is managing the Karibib Project which is in the process of building a world class mining operation with a state-of-the-art concentrator, close to Karibib town in Erongo Region.
Reporting to the Exploration Geologist (“EG”) in a new team involved in developing a new operation and integrated business from the ground up.
Purpose of role:
The principal responsibility of the role is to take direction as required from the EG and Senior Field Technician. Field companion to the Geologist, assisting the EG during geological mapping, rock chip sampling, soil sampling, pXRF programs, RC drill rig sampling, DC drilling, field and core shed activities.
The work will include mine-based, near-mine, and regional exploration within Namibia.
FIXED TERM CONTRACT – 12 MONTHS
The role is based on site at Karibib
The Field Technician is responsible for:
- Supervising the RC drilling sampling protocol by the drill rig assistants.
- Make sure all sampling equipment and tools maintained and stored in good order.
- Keep inventory of all sampling tools, consumables, and order through the EG for maintaining appropriate stocks.
- Screening and sampling of soil samples and preparation of such for XRF analysis.
- Assist the EG during sample dispatch preparation up to the dispatch of the samples to an internal or independent laboratory.
- Take directions and order from EG on any activity to be performed at the core shed, including cleaning, moving core boxes, core photography, sampling, and core cutting
- Ensure proper care and maintenance of any vehicles provided for field use on an ad-hoc basis.
- Maintain safe and responsible driving practices.
- Adhere to the Company’s OHS policy.
- Promote a culture of safety within the area of work
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- General duties and tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor
Education and Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum Grade 10 certificate
- 1 year experience working in mineral exploration performing ore sampling, core processing and data entry
- Ability to stay in remote areas for extended time periods.
- Code B driver’s license
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills
- The flexibility to make quick decisions as emergencies change and develop
Lepidico Chemicals Namibia offers market related remuneration packages commensurate with experience and qualifications. Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act
Interested candidates should forward their resumes and relevant, recently certified documents to:
Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; should you not receive feedback after two weeks of the closing date, please take note that your application was unsuccessful.