As the world leader in marine diamond recovery, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that makes meaningful contribution to the overall success of the Company.
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Finance Assistant. The successful incumbent will provide a clerical support service to the financial accounting section.
IN YOUR ROLE AS FINANCE ASSISTANT YOU WILL BE REQUIRED AMONGST OTHERS TO:
- Receives and send out invoices to relevant individuals in Debmarine Namibia for authorisation.
- Captures authorised invoices on SAP.
- Requests supplier statements for payment and month end reconciliations.
- Follows-up and resolves supplier queries.
- Performs weekly vendor payment reconciliations and proposal.
- Performs month end vendor reconciliations.
- Sends out weekly vendor payment advice.
- Confirms monthly inter-company balances.
- Coordinates payments via online banking system.
- Assists auditors with vendor queries.
- Assists Supervisor Creditors and Assistant Accountant: Financial Reporting with adhoc duties.
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- Grade 12 or NQF 4 with Accounting as a subject
- Certificate in accounting will be an added advantage
- Computer Literacy
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in creditors
- Experience with debtors and treasury administration is an added advantage
- SAP experience will be an added advantage
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Computer Applications – MS Office
- Knowledge of SAP
- Working with people
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Administrative skills
- Handle confidential matters
- Planning and organising skills
- Delivering results
Interested parties should please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via the Company website.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
For queries, please contact Tel: +264 61 2978000
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
All applications from the De Beers Group of Companies should be forwarded to the respective line HOD before being submitted.
CLOSING DATE: 07 APRIL 2023