PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To manage the Finance department at Farmers Meat Market (FMM) in Mariental. Plan and execute the strategic management of the company by implementing strategic plans from management and support decision making to ensure best operating practices and profitable business.
- Manage and maintain FMM Process Flows – functional areas such as production, inventory management, costing, product profitability and activity-based costing.
- Set and administer standards and policies for internal control and monitor the key drivers.
- Manage, review and execute timely and accurate monthly Business Performance Review reports for the company and submit by the agreed due dates.
- Provide input to the FMM strategic plans. Support the Head of Finance and GM in strategic planning and projects of the company, both long term and short term.
- Provide supporting information and make recommendations on decisions regarding corporate investments, and actions affecting capital structure.
- Manage and execute reporting as required by FMM and/or HL (annual, half-year, quarterly, monthly).
- Identify tax risks in FMM and report to management.
- Implement mitigation & control measures to minimize tax risk to the business.
- Prepare annual operating & CAPEX budget for the department.
- Identify, assign and manage individual and team roles and responsibilities.
- Create an environment which encourages individual & team motivation, effectiveness and performance through counselling and guiding reporting staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Qualified CA (relevant B degree, honours degree and board examinations) with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Experience in the meat processing and manufacturing industry/FMCG will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge SAP/MeatMatrix proficiency.
- Knowledge on Taxation.
Closing date: February 21, 2023