An Internal vacancy exists for Foreman processing operations in the Tailings Dam section within the processing operations department reporting to the Superintendent Tailings Dam and Water Management. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all work activities within a production environment are appropriately coordinated, delegated, controlled and executed according to the RUL policies, procedures and standard work instructions.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining HSE standards.
- Coordinating and assigning resources to ensure a safe and efficient way to achieve targets.
- Carrying out regular inspections of DEMIN, SATEC, CMC Plants and septic tanks, seepage/RDS water infrastructure and seepage control cut-off trenches.
- Ensuring the operation and monitoring of the availability and maintenance of the seepage control cut-off trenches
- Raising notifications (maintenance dockets) to various workshops on the SAP system, prioritizes and arranges fixing of equipment, and liaises with all relevant maintenance personnel (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation) on maintenance issues or breakdowns.
- Ensuring that Operators conduct inspections in their relevant areas, report any deviations promptly, and log them in the relevant shift reports.
- Ensuring that water leaks are identified and reported to the maintenance Foreman.
- Isolating main freshwater pipeline (600mm) from the Valve Yard to Namwater reservoirs including the RUL tanks.
- Measuring & recording water levels from monitoring boreholes within the boundaries of the Tailings Storage Facility.
- Supervising the operators responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the DEMIN, Sewage (SATEC) & CMC plants and reports breakdowns/deviations
- Supervising the Operators responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the near source seepage abstraction systems (NTSC, TDDS, TDX, DW) and RDS water at the paddocks
- Providing input into the maintenance plan and accepts back equipment that have been serviced.
- Participating in Internal & External Audits.
- Developing and driving water saving initiatives.
- Developing and driving improved water recycling initiatives.
Requirements and experience:
- A good understanding of HSE systems.
- Computer literacy.
- Good supervisory skills.
- A good understanding of principles of mineral processing and metallurgical processes
- High level of technical problem-solving capability.
- A good understanding of the concepts systems thinking and operational efficiency.
- High level of proficiency with MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point), SAP.
- Understanding of mechanical components of the plant