(PATERSON GRADE LEVEL E2)
Purpose of the Job
To plan, direct, control and administer the affairs of the Department by formulation the vision of Council with regard to Roads & Building Control into policies, strategies and action plans that ensure the continued provision of a sound road infrastructure to the town of Walvis Bay thereby contributing to the town’s attractiveness to investors, effectiveness of all industrial and commercial operations, and safety of road transportation within the jurisdictional area of the town at all times. To advise management and council with regard to roads & building control strategy and operations.
Key Performance Areas
• Strategic planning and advice
• Roads & Building Control Operations
• Town Planning
• Customer Care
• Departmental Management
Qualifications and Experience
• A B. Degree in Civil Engineering (NQA level 8).
• An MBA degree (NQA level 9) will be an advantage.
• 8 years, post professional registration, in an engineering position with at least 5 years thereof in a senior professional and managerial role.
• Experience in municipal engineering services will be an added advantage.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer with the Engineering Council of Namibia.
• Driving License Code B
The remuneration package will be market related, inclusive of competitive service benefits. Further information with regards to remuneration or any other information related to the vacancies can be enquired from Mr Absalom Iiyambo (Human Resources Practitioner: Staffing & Employee Benefits) at the telephone number 064 201 3204.
People from designated groups in terms of the Affirmative Action Act are encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application forms (obtainable on our website www.walvisbaycc.org.na) must be completed fully, accompanied by all required documents and should be delivered in the application box at the Security Desk, Civic Centre, Municipality of Walvis Bay or by Postal Address below (to reach us by the closing date).
The Manager: Human Resources
Private Bag 5017
No emailed, faxed, or late applications will be considered.
Closing date: 31 March 2023 at 16h30
Notice No. HR08/2023
iam interested to join you organization as soon as possible.