Geologist: Geotechnical at Swakop Uranium
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The primary responsibility will be to analyze and assess the geological conditions of mining sites to ensure the safe and efficient extraction of mineral resources. You will play a crucial role in identifying potential geotechnical risks, developing mitigation strategies, and providing geotechnical expertise to support mining operations. Being responsible for the day to day operations involved in the managing of geotechnical risks on site.
Key Performance Areas:
- Collect and interpret the slope monitoring data and report monitoring results and the implications of deviation from expected movement.
- Assess the integrity of the soil, rocks and other natural conditions prior major construction projects.
- Plan the boreholes, supervise the drilling and sample collection.
- Carry out various mapping techniques i.e. Scanline, window and traverse mapping.
- Conduct drone survey of high wall or face mapping.
- Inspect and monitor active mining areas and provide an inspection report with actions to be addressed where applicable.
- Design a cost effective pit slope with minimal waste stripping.
- Conduct engineering geology duties and surface investigative programs.
- Conduct kinematic and stability analysis according to design standards, and provide design recommendations.
- Conduct Geotechnical stability assessments and provide design recommendations to operations.
- Facilitate geotechnical input into planning models and checks that blast design incorporate consideration of geotechnical input to minimise wall damage.
- Check and verify that all designs comply with the minimum geotechnical design standards/guidelines on inter ramp and overall slope angles, bench face angles and berm widths.
- Ensure that the instruments and field equipment maintained, and carry out necessary operational maintenance schedules.
- Interpret ground water pressures and water levels related to slope stability
Requirements and experience:
- BSc. Degree in Geological Engineering or BSc. Geology degree with a post graduate Geotechnical qualification or equivalent.
- 3 years’ open pit mining working experience.
- Basic user of Rocscience (Slide, Swedge, Rocplane, RS2, Dips), Leapfrog or equivalent 3D geological software.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
Closing Date: 30 June 2023
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
102 total views, 1 today