GMD Specialist at Pick n Pay Namibia
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To coach and train staff and management in the GMD & Clothing departments and respond to requests from the business for assistance in increasing financial performance of the department by identifying areas of concern and putting together a plan of action to address and rectify for profitable, effective and efficient operations of the GMD & Clothing departments of all PnP Stores.
- Implement practical and well-tested best practices for the purpose of attracting customers and boosting departmental sales.
- Implement the expert knowledge and utilize available resources effectively for the purpose of attaining monthly budgeted turnover results in the department.
- Implement best control mechanisms in order to keep shrinkage within parameters.
- Coordinate with branches to ensure effective preparation for stock takes and liaise with the Store Managers during stock taking preparations as required.
- .Maintain and update stock availability to ensure that the Gross Profit targets of the department are achieved.
- Identify training and coaching needs and communicate to Management and/ or Human Capital department.
- Provide training to staff members and management in the area of expertise and ensure new skills are learned and applied through checking understanding.
- Provide guidance and coaching to supervisors and management on how to effectively manage the department.
- Set required merchandising and packaging standards for the department as per franchisor guidelines.
- Ensure sufficient stock is available during promotions.
- Monitor and ensure that all products have the correct barcodes.
- Provide feedback to Operations Manager related to any deviation/ problems in display/ merchandise standards, so that issues may be addressed in store
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Grade 12 Certificate / NQF Level 6, and 5 years experience in the -FMCG/ management field..
- Diploma / NQF level 6, in Business management, and 3 years senior GMD & Clothing experience
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit.
Closing Date: 26 July 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
46 total views, 1 today