- Implementing information security policies and procedures to protect the organization’s information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, or destruction.
- Conducting risk assessments to identify and assess potential risks to the organization’s information systems, and then develop strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Monitoring and analyzing security events to identify and respond to potential security threats.
- Manage the implementation, operation, and maintenance of security tools and technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and antivirus software.
- Conducting security awareness training for employees and all Census staff to ensure they are aware of security risks and how to prevent security incidents.
- The specialist should investigate security incidents to determine the cause and prevent future incidents from occurring.
- To ensure that the organization complies with relevant information security regulations and standards.
- To develop and maintain an incident response plan to ensure that the organization can respond quickly and effectively to security incidents.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with specialization in Cybersecurity, Information security or a related field.
- Certification such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or CompTIA Security+ may be preferred or required.
- One year working experience in information security
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license for a minimum of at least two (2) years.
- Please note that the position requires the frequent use of a personal computer. Therefore, brining your own laptop will be an added advantage.
Added Advantages | Special Requirement(s)
- Knowledge of operating systems, networking, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, antivirus software, and other security-related technologies
- Ability to assess risks and vulnerabilities to information systems and networks
- Practical experience in Incident response
- Communication skills
- Knowledgeable about security policies and procedures.
- Awareness of Compliance and regulatory requirements
Closing Date: 16 May 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below: