IT Specialist: Network Administration at Namibia Statistics Agency
- Deploy, Maintain and monitor national Census network infrastructure, including desktops, laptops, tablets and software.
- Ensure regular Census data is backed up and tested
- Ensuring security and efficiency of Census IT network infrastructure.
- Proactively manage and maintain network and firewall systems.
- Develop and implement Census plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Maintain inventory and configuration for Census network systems and assets
- Train field workers on using network systems during Census project.
Experience and Qualifications:
- BSc/BA, computer science or related course
- Two (2) years’ experience in network administration.
- Professional certification in CISCO is an advantage
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license for a for a minimum of at least two (2) years.
- Please note that the position requires the frequent use of a personal computer. Therefore, brining your own laptop will be an added advantage.
Added Advantages | Special Requirement(s)
- Experience network and patch management
- Knowledge of firewall configuration, Server Virtualization, cloud environments and Disaster recovery.
- Knowledge in VMware, FortiGate firewall, internet VPN’s remote implementation
- Backup, recovery software will be an added advantage.
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Closing Date: 16 May 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
100 total views, 2 today