IT Specialist: Systems Administration at Namibia Statistics Agency
- Maintain essential Census IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, financial systems and all hardware.
- Design, install and configure servers, for the Census project.
- Ensure regular Census data is backed up and backups have been tested
- Ensuring security and efficiency of Census IT infrastructure
- Proactively manage and maintain server and network
- Develop and implement Census plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting
- Maintain inventory and configuration for Census assets
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software evaluation and recommendation for Census project
- Train field worker on using systems required to carry out Census project.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Two (2) years’ experience in system administration.
- BSc/BA, computer science or related course
- NQF level 7
- Professional certification e.g. MCSA will be an added advantage
- Must be in possession of a valid driver’s license for a minimum of at least two (2) years.
- Please note that the position requires the frequent use of a personal computer. Therefore, brining your own laptop will be an added advantage.
Added Advantages | Special Requirement(s)
- Experience with Database, network, and systems management
- Knowledge of Server Virtualization, cloud environments and Disaster recovery.
- Knowledge in VMware, FortiGate, and Veaam will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Closing Date: 16 May 2023
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:
74 total views, 1 today