Full Time Administrative Controller at Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd
An excellent career opportunity exists for interested and qualified candidates to apply for the above-mentioned position at Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd, Windhoek.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Manage and co-ordinate the production team and being responsible for overall department administration to achieve optimal productivity and effectiveness.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operational/ Production Planning:
- Meeting of production requirements timeously and correctly.
- Ensure that production process runs smoothly and problems are addressed timeously.
- Assist / relieve packaging manager in production planning including empty packaging material needed when required.
- Daily/weekly/monthly planning and ordering of raw materials required for production (Packaging, Rice, Sugar, Premix Plant).
- Daily/weekly production planning for premix plant.
- Weekly planning and ordering of cleaning chemicals and PPE wear for employees.
- Relieve Clerk: Administration and Store by planning and ordering to ensure sufficient levels of packaging materials.
- Work alongside shift supervisors to compile and submit accurate production reports daily/weekly/monthly (Packaging, Rice, Sugar, Premix Plant).
- Daily accurate reconciliation of stock levels.
- Compile and submit comprehensive handover report at the end of each shift.
- Accurate reconciliation of stock level.
- Address and investigate stock loss/gains.
- Daily/weekly/monthly stock take.
- Daily/weekly stock adjustments.
- Daily manual assembly of stock.
- Ensure that all packaging materials are functional.
- Timeously return unused packing materials to empty packaging store.
- Ensure all raw material are up to standard by compiling incoming inspection reports and sending samples to lab for testing.
- Accurate capture/transfer of various raw materials / empty packaging material between depots.
- Ensure that production standards are adhered to.
- Ensure safe working conditions and compliance to Health and Safety requirements – report unsafe conditions/scenarios.
- Maintain hygiene as per prescribed levels.
- Responsible for administrating and maintaining quality standards (forms, working instructions etc.) as per ISO requirements (Packaging, Rice, Sugar, Premix, Remix and Smelter Department).
- Maintain ISO systems by adhering to work systems.
- Responsible for internal auditing of other departments within the company on ISO systems.
- Assist packaging manager in annual mock recalls, customer complaints, internal and external audits.
- Retrieval of COA’s/COC’s as per ISO requirements.
- Ensure traceability on all raw material as per ISO requirements.
- Responsible for all corrective action in internal and external audits.
- Daily/weekly/monthly/yearly organisation/follow up of equipment repairs/calibrations including scales, forklifts etc.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order and settings are correct. Reporting on defects.
- Maintain discipline and good Human Resources practices.
- Ensure that all personnel administration is done timeously, accurately and in accordance with company standards.
- Identify, conduct and arrange for necessary employee trainings.
- Work alongside shift supervisors to arrange disciplinary hearings.
- Work alongside shift supervisors to ensure all leave for employees are captured timeously and correctly.
General Administration and documentation:
- General department administration.
- Ensure all documentation is up to standard as per company policy.
- Ensure necessary level of office equipment and stationery.
- Issuing of GRV’s, Internal Transfers and Reduction/Increases.
- Accurate processing of department invoices.
- Processing of purchase orders.
- Liase with external suppliers and service providers on quotes for best possible service and price.
- Assist in department petty cash.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (NQF 4) with a relevant Diploma (NQF6) with 2 years’ relevant experience in a production environment.
- Grade 12 (NQF 4) with a relevant Certificate (NQF5) with 4 years’ relevant experience in a production environment.
- Grade 12 (NQF 4) with 5 years relevant experience in production environment.
- 1 Year experience in a supervisory position will be an added advantage.
- Technical background will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate with a good mastering of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficient in English.
- Driver’s License.
- Namibian citizen.
How to ApplyNamib Mills (Pty) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Previously Disadvantaged Namibians (PDN) and women are encouraged to apply. CV’S WITH FULL DETAILS CAN BE FORWARDED TO: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (not larger than 2MB) Subject line for applications should be: NMOPSP271023 – Administrative Controller. Only applications with this subject line will be considered. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS. CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 10th OF NOVEMBER 2023.
1478 total views, 1 today