Full Time Advisor Corporate Communication – Rossing Uranium
As pioneers in mining, we produce materials essential to human progress. Our talented workforce uses industry-leading mining processes and technology to ensure our operations are safe, low cost and efficient. We have an opportunity available: An exciting opportunity exists for an Advisor Corporate Communication, reporting to the Manager Corporate Communication. The primary purpose of this role is the management, through communication, of perceptions and strategic relationships between the Company and its internal and external stakeholders. This includes, planning and coordinating all relevant public relations programs.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining HSE standard with the committment to reduce injuries and implement HSE improvement plans.
- Working constructively with other functions or departments.
- Planning, facilitating, and coordinating Rossing’s public relations activities through communication plans and the implementation of activities relating to the Company through a communication strategy.
- Planning and coordinating presentations to visiting stakeholders and externally, through outreach programs to the relevant stakeholders.
- Planning and hosting special events e.g., annual sport calendar (in conjunction with the sport club and Chamber of Mines); annual Rössing marathon championship event.
- Ensuring that Rössing Uranium brand is maintained through planning and applying branding guidelines, including tone of voice, the way we write etc., with regard to print electronic and digital material.
- Compiling and checking company advertorials, editorials, and advertisements according to set standards.
- Hosting media events
- Initiating cost saving and efficiency improvement ideas aimed at reducing overall area, and mine costs.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate, with 20 points
- A recognized BA Degree in Communications, Media Studies, Public Relations, or related Social Sciences qualifications. (NQF Level 7/8) OR
- A recognized National Diploma in in Communications, Media Studies, Public Relations, or related Social Sciences qualifications. (NQF Level 6)
- Degree Holders: A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in public relations/ communications environment
- Diploma Holders: A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in public relations/ communications environment.
- Registration with the Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa (PRISA) will be an added advantage.
- A valid Code B driver’s licence.
- A Police certificate of conduct of not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in languages
- Computer literacy skills
- Event planning and facilitating skills.
- Customer care
- Photographic skills
- Visitor liaison
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Rossing Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 20 October 2023
342 total views, 2 today