Full Time Advisor Procurement – Rossing Uranium
As pioneers in mining, we produce materials essential to human progress. Our talented workforce uses industry-leading mining processes and technology to ensure our operations are safe, low cost and efficient. We have an opportunity available:
An exciting opportunity exists for an Advisor Procurement on a two-year (2) year fixed term contract basis, reporting to the Specialist Procurement. The primary purpose of this role is to facilitate day-to-day procurement activities. This includes understanding and defining internal customer requirements, placing orders in accordance with procedures, undertaking sourcing projects, managing suppliers to deliver on time, identify and undertake improvement projects to improve supplier performance, using “best practice”, professional procurement tools and techniques. The Advisor Procurement is also responsible for providing analytical support on strategic sourcing projects and to contribute to the delivery of commercially favorable contracts delivering optimal value to RUL.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensures safe working environment and minimize the risk to employees and the organization.
- Provides timely procurement of the goods and services and enable demonstration of best overall value to the internal customers.
- Minimizes procurement administration by utilizing generic supplier contracts and consolidation suppliers when competency analysis permits (Quality of Process).
- To ensure commitment and reliability from suppliers, process automation, price stability and continuous supply.
- Procurement of goods and services to maximise efficiency and to minimise costs.
- Interaction with customer to ensure delivery of the required level of customer service by developing and maintaining an excellent service culture with customers.
- Ensures the development and/ or maintenance of good procurement reputation and image through sound customer relations.
- Management of supplier relationships to maximise service level at lowest total cost.
- Shares content knowledge and best practices.
- Assist management with executing cash generation projects to reduce overall mine-costs.
- Seek continuous HSE&C improvement projects.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 certificate.
- A recognized Bachelor’s or B.Tech Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration, Procurement or Supply Chain Management (NQF Level 7/8) OR
- A recognized National Diploma in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration, Procurement or Supply Chain Management (NQF Level 6)
- Bachelor’s degree: A minimum of five (5) years working experience in Procurement, having been involved in the day-to-day procurement activities including, request for quotations, evaluate responses, placement of orders, expediting, sourcing projects, preparation of tenders, exposure to contract management and/or administration, negotiation with suppliers and supplier performance management and market analysis.
- National Diploma: A minimum of seven (7) years working experience in Procurement, having been involved in the day-to-day procurement activities including, request for quotations, placement of orders, expediting, sourcing projects, preparation of tenders, exposure to contract management and/or administration, negotiation with suppliers and supplier performance management and market analysis.
- Procurement experience in the mining industry or large organization will be an added advantage.
- A valid Code B driver’s licence.
- A Police certificate of conduct of not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
Required Competencies and Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Decision making skills.
- Business Communication
- Good customer relations
- Drive for market intelligence.
- Understanding of global trends and events that might impact supply chains.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Rossing Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 23 February 2024- Please take note that the recruitment process will be subjected to assessments (if necessary) which will form part of the selection process - Preference is given to candidates from designated groups in line with Company policy on employment equity - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
658 total views, 15 today