Full Time Advisor: Safety – Rossing Uranium
Vacancies exists for an Advisor: Safety. The successful incumbent will be responsible for Providing safety advisory service to Rossing Uranium (RUL) employees and Contractors in terms of all Health, and Environmental aspects in designated areas to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
Key Performance Areas:
- Participating in HSE programmes and setting targets where applicable;
- Attending monthly departmental HSE meetings of operational areas and reporting on relevant matters of concern to the area Manager and Specialist Safety;
- Providing safety-related technical advice to stakeholders within the area of responsibility by applying an appropriate level of technical knowledge in the management of HSE risk;
- Carrying a legal appointment as a Safety Officer in terms of the Health and Safety Regulation of the Labour Act 6 of 1992, Regulations 6(1)(a).
- Review HSE management systems of external contractors in the event of provisional acceptance of a contractor onto the RUL vendor list and coordinate the auditing requirements accordingly
- Performing fair and reasonable tasks related to the job and working environment, at the discretion of the area Manager and Specialist: Operational Safety;
- Completing regular and exceptional HSE reports required by regulators and shareholders in a timely manner and submitting them to the Specialist Safety for review;
- Actively contributing to the overall HSE departmental objectives and achieving progress against personal development and performance objectives.
- Recommending alternative measures to continuously reduce operational costs;
- Implementing improvements in conjunction with the relevant line manager and Specialist Safety upon receipt of approval (where relevant).
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 with a recognized Bachelor of Science /B-Tech (NQF Level 7/8) in Occupational Health and Safety Management/Health and Safety Management/Safety Management with a minimum of five (5) years of working experience in occupational health and safety environment; OR
- Grade 12 with a recognized National Diploma (NQF Level 6) in Occupational Health and Safety Management/Health and Safety Management/Safety Management with a minimum of seven (7) years of working experience in occupational health and safety environment;
- Valid Code BE driver’s Licence;
- A Police certificate of conduct not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
Required Competencies and Skills:
- Computer literacy: MS Office;
- Good communication skills;
- Sound judgment, reasoning, and decision-making skills;
- Good organizing / administrative abilities;
- Risk assessment and –management;
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Rossing Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 13 October 2023
606 total views, 1 today