Full Time Artisan: Welder at Rossing Uranium
As pioneers in mining, we produce materials essential to human progress. Our talented workforce uses industry-leading mining processes and technology to ensure our operations are safe, low cost and efficient. We have an opportunity available: An exciting opportunity exists for Artisan: Welder on a 12-month fixed term contract in Mining asset management department reporting to the Foreman: Maintenance. The successful candidate will be responsible for welding, modifying, and inspecting structural components/ machinery mine wide, and at acceptable levels of cost and efficiency in compliance with the RUL Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining health, safety & environmental standards.
- Repairing, welding and manufacturing structural components/machinery and equipment.
- Maintaining / modifying structural components/machinery and equipment.
- Supervising subordinates (apprentices, contractors, and assistants).
- Training and mentoring of apprentices.
- Communicating with stakeholders.
- Performing general tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 with Maths & Science and E-symbol in English.
- NTC II with three subjects and pass a Trade Diploma/Certificate: OR
- Level III Welding and pass a Trade Diploma/Certificate.
- Trade Diploma/ Certificate.
- Four years’ experience in Welding trade including apprenticeship training.
- Valid code BE drivers’ licence.
- A Police certificate of conduct not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of operational plants
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Rossing Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 15 September 2023
139 total views, 2 today