6 Oct 2023
Full Time Assistant Security Officer at B2Gold Namibia
The Assistant Security Officer is responsible for ensuring effective access control of people and goods at Otjikoto Mine.
- Ensure that all employees, contractors, suppliers, and/or visitors entering the mine and high- security areas are authorised to enter the property, and that personal goods, items and materials are declared.
- Ensure all vehicles entering and exiting the mine and high-security areas have authorising documentation.
- Ensure that personnel and vehicles are searched to prevent unauthorised removal of goods from the mine.
- Manage the control room with no distractions.
- Report any suspicious activities to the senior on duty for further investigations.
- Maintain an accurate materials, tools and equipment register at the entrance gate.
- Participate and conduct random alcohol and drug testing of personnel.
Patrol & Escort
- Conduct regular patrols, by vehicle and/or foot, around the mine site, as directed by the shift senior, to observe irregular movements or conditions..
- Partake in the Banking run, ensuring effective security.
- Partake in the Gold run, as and when required, ensuring effective security.
- Provide Assistance at the Access Control Office as and when required.
- Assist with any other duty as reasonably required by the Superior from time to time.
Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Ensure compliance with all B2Gold Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, and Explosives Act) and Regulation clauses applicable to the work area.
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of the work area based on the schedule set by Management.
- Minimum Grade 12
- NQF 4
- Ability to read, listen and interpret messages communicated telephonically via the control room
- Minimum three years experience in a security and/or policing environment
- A valid Code B Driver’s license
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Willingness to attend company provided Training
- Valid Firearms training certification is an added advantage
- Preference will be given to Females and permanent residents of Otavi and Otjiwarongo
- Women from marginalised groups are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Link: B2Gold Career Portal
Closing Date: 16 October 2023
2454 total views, 6 today