Full Time Chemist at Rossing Uranium
As pioneers in mining, we produce materials essential to human progress. Our talented workforce uses industry-leading mining processes and technology to ensure our operations are safe, low cost and efficient. We have an opportunity available:
An exciting opportunity exists for a Chemist on a 24 month fixed term contract basis in the Laboratories section with the Processing department, reporting to the Superintendent Analytical Services. The primary purpose of this role is to provide accurate and precise chemical analysis data to processing plant, mining, exploration, condition monitoring, environmental and water management sections for process control, short- and long-term planning and water quality monitoring within the parameters of cost and Rössing OHSE standards
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining HSE standards
- Carrying out special projects as requested by Senior Chemist/Superintendent;
- Carrying out analysis of special samples requested by external clients;
- Ensuring all sampling units are functioning according to specifications and sampling protocol is maintained at all times;
- Preparing and assigning values to in-house control samples using statistical evaluations
- Monitoring laboratory QC charts (Shewhart), investigate and rectify deviations/ problems;
- Inspecting and checking equipment conditions and calibration standards to ensure high degree of accuracy and precision is always maintained;
- Analysing results before reporting to clients;
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- A recognised bachelor’s degree (BSc or BTech) in Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry. NQF Level 7/8) OR a recognised National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry NQF Level 6.
- For Degree Holders: A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Chemical / Mining / Metallurgical laboratory, with exposure in wet chemical and instrumental inorganic analysis and the use of statistic certification and validation techniques, of which three (3) years should be at a supervisory level.
- For Diploma Holders: A minimum of even (7) years’ experience in Chemical / Mining / Metallurgical laboratory, with exposure in wet chemical and instrumental inorganic analysis and the use of statistic certification and validation techniques of which three (3) years should be at a supervisory level.
- A valid Code B driver’s licence.
- A Police certificate of conduct of not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
- Quality Control
- Proficiency in various analytical techniques and instruments
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem-Solving and Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail.
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Interpersonal Skills
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Rossing Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 11 August 2023- Preference is given to candidates from designated groups in line with Company policy on employment equity - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
306 total views, 1 today