Full Time Chief Engineering Officer at DEBMARINE NAMIBIA
As the world leader in marine diamond recovery, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that makes meaningful contribution to the overall success of the Company.
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Chief Engineering Officer. The primary role of this position will be to manage all engineering operations on board the mining vessel to ensure safety in operation and maintenance of propulsion machinery, mining equipment and the treatment plant whilst at sea and in port.
The successful candidate will be required to spend a minimum of 28 days at sea followed by a maximum of 28 days ashore.
IN YOUR ROLE AS CHIEF ENGINEERING OFFICER YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Controls all engineering activities onboard the vessel whilst at sea by supervising the team to ensure proper operation and maintenance of propulsion machinery and auxiliaries, mining equipment and treatment plant, and deck machinery.
- Co-ordinates shutdowns by planning maintenance to be completed and manages planned maintenance programme.
- Improves the effectiveness and efficiency of engineering processes and systems.
- Adheres to and promotes Company policies and procedures relating to health, safety, security and environmental issues.
- Manages and develops human resources.
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- NQF 6 with relevant Maritime study qualifications
- Class 1 Certificate of Competency – Chief Engineering unlimited (>3000kW)
- Eight years relevant experience which includes 5 years minimum at a 2nd Engineers level on a vessel >3000kW
- Marine mining experience would be an advantage
- SAP knowledge would be an advantage
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Excellent planning, organising and controlling skills
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills Strong leadership skills with high ethical standards and should be self-motivated
How to ApplyWomen and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CLOSING DATE: 25 AUGUST 2023
529 total views, 1 today