11 Nov 2023
Full Time Compliance Manager – Old Mutual Namibia
Provide proactive regulatory and compliance advice, support to, and manage regulatory change.
- Manage the Regulatory Compliance and AML functions of the Old Mutual Namibia (OMNAM) Group of Companies.
- Ensure adherence to the Regulatory Compliance Risk Policy and embedding a robust regulatory Compliance function across the OMNAM Group of Companies.
- Assist the Head of Compliance to implement the Regulatory Compliance Framework across OMNAM.
- Compile and review the OMNAM Regulatory Universe and Compliance Risk Management Plans (CRMP) for new and existing legislation, and ensure that the Business Unit (BU) Executives annually sign off on such or as and when changes are brought about.
- Compile a Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP) for the OMNAM Group of Companies on an annual basis, making use of the latest signed off Regulatory Universe and CRMP’s for ultimate approval by the Old Mutual Holdings (Namibia) (Proprietary) Limited (OMHN) Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee (ARCC).
- Compile, annually review and embed compliance test-sheets/checklists for relevant legislation to be tested according to the CMP.
- Review of Compliance Monitoring Reports and reporting of such to OMNAM BU Exco’s, OMHN ARCC and relevant subsidiary Boards for correctness, applicability and consideration to business implications and ensure all that all other regulatory reports are adhered to as per prescribed period.
- Engage senior management on compliance breaches and agree on Management Actions and due dates to identify control breaks, interim mitigating actions and permanent controls to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure adherence to the OMHN AML, Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT), Sanctions and Proliferation Policy and embedding, implementation and review (at least annually) of the OMNAM AML, Counter Terrorism and Proliferation Financing Risk Management and Compliance Programme (RMCP).
- Ensure accurate reporting on overall AML compliance status, including any regulatory/compliance breaches or concerns and conduct of the Old Mutual Accountable Institutions that is inconsistent with the OMNAM RMCP requirements, nature and extent of material AML and Sanction Risks, mitigating controls and appropriate business processes.
- Oversight over performing of AML/CFT Risk Assessments (at BU, product and distribution channel level) as required by the OMNAM RMCP, inclusive of regular reviews (at least annual) of such.
- Assist the Head of Compliance and the BUs with Regulatory interactions, including inspections; and
- Provide oversight over regulatory compliance obligation training within OMNAM and report on adequacy.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Namibian Citizenship.
- B.Proc, LL.B., B.Com or equivalent are minimum mandatory requirement.
- 3 years’ experience in anti-money laundering (AML) and compliance environment.
- Knowledge of the non-banking financial institutions sector shall be advantageous.
- Strong technical skills.
- Flawless command of the English language.
- An assertive self-starter with excellent communication, organisation and presentation skills.
- Excellent conflict handling skills.
- The ability to work under pressure while maintaining high service levels; and
- Team player.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Old Mutual Career Portal
Closing Date: 18 November 2023
211 total views, 3 today