Full Time Corporate Strategy and Performance Officer at Namibia Port Authority
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To drive Namport’s corporate strategy, provide support in strategic planning efforts, and contribute to the successful execution of initiatives across the organization. The insights and recommendations provided by the incumbent will be instrumental in shaping the strategic vision and achieving the organization’s long-term goals. The incumbent reports to the Chief Business Strategy and Optimisation.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Conduct comprehensive research and analysis of market trends, industry developments, and competitor activities to identify opportunities and threats that will inform the development of our corporate strategy
- Collaborate with the management team to formulate and refine the strategic vision, goals, and objectives, ensuring alignment with our mission and values
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the effective execution of strategic initiatives, promoting alignment with our overall strategic objectives.
- Monitor progress and performance towards strategic objectives, analysing key performance indicators (KPIs), and providing regular updates to the leadership team
- Identify potential implementation challenges and risks, conducting risk assessments, and providing insights to mitigate risks effectively.
- Collaborate with management to support change initiatives and foster a culture of change and adaptability
- Participate in project management activities, tracking project milestones, and ensuring timely execution of strategic initiatives.
- Engage with representatives from various business units and functional areas to gather specific data and insights that support strategic decision-making
- Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies relevant to our strategic objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- An Honours Degree [NQF Level 8] in Commerce, Business Administration, Marketing, Economics; Engineering; Industrial Psychology, Human Resources Management; Supply Chain, Transport & Logistics, or equivalent.
- Advantage: Master’s Degree [NQF Level 9] in Strategy, Commerce, Business Administration, Marketing, Economics; Engineering; Industrial Psychology, Human Resources Management; Supply Chain, Transport & Logistics, or equivalent
- Minimum of four (4) years relevant technical experience demonstrated in strategy planning/ coordination, project and program management, performance management or equivalent.
- Advantage: Certification in Balanced Scorecard Professional; Strategy; Project Management; Change Management.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a focus on delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong customer relationships
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data and metrics to drive operational improvements.
- Proven experience in driving process improvements and optimising service delivery workflows
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, adapting to evolving business needs.
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be versatile, flexible and decisive.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Namport Career Portal
Closing Date: 25 August 2023- Namport is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing world-class port services to all local, regional and international seaborne traders, through excellent customer service, sustainable growth, development and social responsibility. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. - All foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA.
1099 total views, 2 today