Full Time Cost Controller at O&L LEISURE (PTY) LTD
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To optimize the financial performance of the hotel by meticulously managing costs associated with food and beverage, consumables, and other operational areas. Conduct detailed analysis and implementing efficient procedures that contribute to the hotel’s profitability and financial sustainability.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- National Diploma or Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in cost controlling for Food & Beverage.
- Excellent understanding of cost of sales and value chain analysis
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Excellent understanding of stock management
- Excellent knowledge of Materials Control/Procurement process
- Advance Excel skills
- Excellent understanding of the value chain process
- Experience within the hospitality Industry will be an added advantage.
- Ensure the Master Costing (MC) database is consistently updated with the latest information, including ingredient costs, supplier data, and menu prices.
- Accurately cost all types of menus as per the costing standard procedure and review relevance of information in the system.
- Liaise with Procurement Manager to establish and maintain a data base for hotel inventory and input cost to update dish / beverage costings.
- Utilize Materials Control to help determine production price, price to consumer and cost of sales. Utilize the Materials Control system to analyse guest behaviour, spending patterns, and other relevant revenue and cost drivers.
- Generate and analyse reports from Materials control that can be used for decision making e.g., stock holding, procurement, par level reports etc.
- Oversee all storage locations to prevent overstocking and understocking issues, ensuring optimal inventory levels are maintained.
- Implement and review controls aimed at minimizing stock losses due to wastage, expiry, breakages, or pilferage.
- Ensure that monthly stock counts are conducted accurately in the main stores and outlets following standard operating procedures to provide reliable inventory data for financial reporting and analysis.
- Produce accurate monthly stock variance reports.
- Produce accurate monthly usage (cost of sales) figures for analysis and financial reporting by the Financial Controller.
- Ensure that all invoices and credit notes are captured in a timely manner.
- Verify that all theoretical stock on hand equates to the physical stock on hand considering any discrepancies and addressing them promptly.
- Proactively identify and address cost control requirements and opportunities for cost savings within the hotel’s operations.
- Lives the O&L Values
- Leads Growth
- Takes Bold Stands
- Causes Alignment
- Being Authentic
- Inspires Innovation
- Deliver Extraordinary results
How to Apply
218 total views, 1 today