18 Nov 2023
Full Time Data Scientist – Old Mutual Namibia
- Extracts data from various internal and external data sources..
- Performs data manipulation and descriptive/ exploratory data analysis
- Responsible for creating end to end solutions which includes problem definition, data acquisition, data exploration and visualization
- Presents final results to stakeholders.
- Performs statistical analysis and predictive modelling in support of business objectives
- Has a detailed understanding of statistical concepts and application, predictive modelling, machine learning and data science techniques.
- Responsible for the interpretation and statistical analysis of customer and intermediary data.
- Identifies new business opportunities via statistical and data analysis.
- Proactively seeks new knowledge in data science in statistical analysis
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Coaches/ Mentors junior data scientists in the areas of machine learning, statistical analysis and building predictive models
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- May supervise the technical delivery of junior data scientists
- Plans and assigns work over periods of up to 3 months.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Namibian citizen
- BSc/Bcom Mathematics/Statistics (Honours or Masters) Degree, Data Science related subjects.
- 3-4 years’ Analytical or Statistical experience
- Strong technical and thinking skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills;
- An assertive self-starter with excellent organizing skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Well organized and pays attention to detail;
- Excellent conflict handling skills
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Old Mutual Career Portal
Closing Date: 24 November 2023
140 total views, 1 today