Full Time Delicatessen & Meat Specialist at HARTLIEF CONTINENTAL MEAT PRODUCTS
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
This role is pivotal in providing excellent customer service, driving sales, and supporting butchery operations at Hartlief Deli in line with the Hartlief Fleischermeister’s Pride Philosophy. The incumbent will oversee all aspects of the deli counter operations, creating innovative and delectable meat cuts and products on/for display so they appear attractive and catch the shopper’s eye. This role requires excellent customer service skills, advanced knowledge of food handling and preparation, and the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- 2-3 year Diploma in Sales/Marketing with 3-5 years’ experience as a Delicatessen and Meat Specialist or similar role.
- A valid code B/BE driver’s licence.
- Extensive knowledge of Fresh Meat Cuts and processed meat products.
- Knowledge of food safety regulations and best practices.
- Experience as Meat Specialist in a Sales environment.
- Broad knowledge of sales and marketing
- German proficiency would be an added advantage.
KEY JOB OUTPUTS:
- Greet and assist customers with a friendly and helpful demeanor.
- Share information about deli products, make recommendations, and ensure a positive shopping experience.
- Engage with customers to understand their preferences and offer personalized assistancee.
- Develop sales initiatives by creating innovative and creative dishes, promoting deli specials and assisting with upselling.
- Achieve, drive and assume responsibility for monthly and quarterly revenue targets for the Deli section, in collaboration with Deli Manager.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reports to management.
- Evaluate the ROI (returns on investment) of marketing initiatives and promotional activities.
- Adjust strategies to maximize ROI.
- Monitor stock movements during the preparation and sorting of meat and products.
- Prepare and timeously present all specialities and display in an attractive manner.
- Lead the team with continuous training on information of meat cuts and fulfill standard customer requests.
- Adhere to food safety and hygiene standards in the butchery area.
- Innovate and create value added products for Deli Area using available products while maintaining stock and minimizing wastage.
- Perform random stock rotation checks to ensure the correct application of FIFO.
- Check butchery machine efficiency forms and checklists and address identified shortcomings timeously.
- Work closely with the Deli Manager and team members to uphold customer service standards.
- Manage and monitor time and attendance.
- Adhere to Company cold chain regulations.
- Take ownership of all Deli stock inventory tasks, such as stock rotation and record-keeping within the Deli Area and Cooler.
- Consult and arrange forecast requirements and orders in conjunction with Hartlief Planning Department.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Sales skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Organization and Attention to detail
How to Apply
Job Segment: Grocery, Retail
275 total views, 1 today