Full Time Distribution Team Leader – Namibia Dairies
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is responsible to plan, manage and measure an effective and efficient distribution operation in order to ensure that the right ND products are delivered to the right place/ customer on time and in the most cost-efficient way possible.
- Supervise the secondary distribution team and activities to ensure that customer requirements are met in the most cost-effective ways.
- Coordinate effective route planning, delivery schedules maintenance execution monitoring and reverse logistics.
- Supervise the briefing process to ensure that the delivery team is fully informed and aware of delivery process and document control requirements.
- Monitor and ensure that Distribution coordinates track delivery vehicle movements during delivery cycles and constantly communicate with the delivery team.
- Supervise the Debriefing process to ensure that drivers feedback is obtained with regards to delivery cycle performance, adherence to route delivery plan (sequence, km’s, planned vs actual activities, unauthorized stops etc).
- Ensure that Debriefing-related feedback is fully captured on debriefing portal.
- Supervise the POD control process to ensure that all POD’s are well managed.
- Compile pick-up and drop-off schedules for staff.
- Supervise fleet management activities.
- Compile and deliver comprehensive weekly operations statistics reports
- Track and analyze fleet costing data to identify areas for improvement and cost savings opportunities.
- Facilitate corrective actions through disciplinary processes and ensure employee conflicts are alleviated and amicable solutions are reached.
- Coach, influence and guide the team on a daily base to ensure they embody the O&L persona.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Degree in Transport and Logistics Management.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience on supervisory level.
- MS Office, SAP, extensive knowledge on FMCG distribution, transport, and logistics systems
- Knowledge on FMCG and Cold Chain will be an added advantage
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: O&L Career Portal
Closing Date: 20 February 2024
609 total views, 3 today