9 Nov 2023
Full Time Electrician at B2GOLD NAMIBIA
Listing reference: b2gld_000158
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 21 November 2023
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Electrical Engineering
EE position: No
The Electrician is responsible for providing professional electrical maintenance duties and services on electrical installations and equipment at Otjikoto Mine according to good workmanship standards and within statutory requirements.
- Monitor all general mine electrical conditions to ensure they are efficient and safe to operate.
- Select suitable and correctly sized electrical components and equipment per relevant engineering and safety standards.
- Recognise and report any circumstance that could potentially cause hazards, loss of production, or damage to equipment.
- Carry out maintenance and switching on medium voltage systems and equipment.
- Conduct fault finding on electrical equipment and systems.
- Carry out fault diagnostic and repairs on electrical equipment’s.
- Maintain motor control centres (MCC) and substations.
- Ensure personal tools are available and in good condition.
- Safely troubleshoot, maintain and repair HV (High Voltage), MV (Medium Voltage), LV (Low Voltage), DC (Direct Current) and AC (Alternate Current) electrical Systems and equipment.
Safety, Health and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all B2Gold Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, and Explosives Act) and Regulation clauses applicable to the work area.
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of the work area based on the schedule set by Management.
- Minimum Grade 12 / N3 with 4 relevant technical subjects & Trade Diploma – Electrical
- Minimum three years post apprenticeship experience in a mining environment
- A valid Code BE driver’s license
- A Code C / CE driver’s license will be an advantage
- Experience in High (HV), Medium (MV) and Low voltage (LV) electrical networks, installations and switchgear
- Basic Understand of PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers), DCS (Distributed Control System) and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) System
- Experience in Direct Current (DC) and Alternating Current (AC) equipment
- Authorisation to conduct High to Medium Voltage Switching
- Women and persons from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply
How to ApplyClosing date: November 21, 2023
545 total views, 2 today