Full Time Emergency Response Officer at B2Gold Namibia
The Emergency Response Officer is responsible for providing emergency response to critically ill and injured persons on site (patient care) and ensuring emergency and rescue support, such as firefighting and mine rescue on site, while acting within the appropriate knowledge, skills, and expertise level..
Emergency Response and Management
- Respond, provide, and manage emergency response, medical care and rescue across the entire mine and designated areas.
- Respond to and manage fire, rescue emergency situations and scenes as the responding team leader and debrief the emergency crew.
- Perform airfield inspections ground communications, and emergency standby pertaining to medical, fire and mine rescue.
- Ensure the MRS building and response equipment, protective gear, testing instruments and breathing apparatus are maintained in a constant state of readiness.
- Respond to snake-capturing calls, capture and relocate to the identified release areas.
- Response to emergencies within a 30km radius (CSR) upon management approval.
- Undertake training as the company may require to develop and maintain your knowledge, skills and expertise in your field of operation.
- Execute any other duties as required by the Department per scope of practice, qualification, and experience.
- Perform daily inspections on medical stock and drugs, electronic medical equipment, and vehicles.
- Perform monthly inspections of site equipment.
- Raise action in cases where inspections highlight defaults or damages to the relevant department and follow up on corrective actions.
Coordinate and Present Training
- Perform training for emergency response teams and core module training.
- Conduct fire drills, evacuations, and mine rescue training.
- Present training to B2Gold staff as per schedule and review training materials.
Health, Safety and Environmental.
- Ensure compliance with all B2Gold Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, and Explosives Act) and Regulation clauses applicable to the work area.
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of the work area based on the schedule set by Management.
- Grade 12
- Code C1/CE driver’s license and Valid PDP licence
- Minimum Certificate in Intermediate Life Support
- FFA 1 and 2 Certificate
- Aircraft rescue firefighting Certificate is an added advantage
- Certificate in Hazmat Awareness and Hazmat Operations
- Minimum three years operational experience as a paramedic, including structural firefighting experience
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of Namibia
- Up to date Continues Professional Development (CPD) registration (no pending CPD requirements with the HPCNA)
- HAZMAT operations experience will be an added advantage
- Women and persons from marginalised groups are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Link: B2Gold Career Portal
Closing Date: 16 October 2023
1048 total views, 2 today