Full Time Engineer Projects at Rossing Uranium
As pioneers in mining, we produce materials essential to human progress. Our talented workforce uses industry-leading mining processes and technology to ensure our operations are safe, low cost and efficient. We have an opportunity available: An exciting opportunity exists for an Engineer Projects, reporting to the Superintendent Projects. The primary purpose of this role is to complete engineering and construction projects, by planning, organising, and controlling all elements of the project and executing the defined project within time, quality and with budget provisions. The incumbent will provide functional design solutions, fulfil quality requirements, and ensure that all quality system procedures are adhered to as documented. The role is overall responsible to execute capital projects and provide technical support for operational projects.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintaining HSE standards with the committment to reduce injuries and implement HS improvement plans.
- Supervising and ensuring that contractors complete their tasks according to set plans, defines clear priorities to ensure production continuity.
- Providing input and assistance to identify alternative engineering options by using technical expertise to evaluate the options presented to the project.
- Preparing Capital Expenditure Approval (CEA) documents and presents to projects governance subcommittees (e.g. Technical Committee) for approval.
- Accountable for the execution of approved projects.
- Responsible for detailed system design and implementation of projects.
- Managing all the different stakeholders involved in the project.
- Monitoring the performance of service providers to ensure that project objectives, quality deliverables are being met
- Management of capital budget on assigned projects
- Recommends improvements to processes and provides technical support to other departments.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate;
- A recognized BSc/ B.Tech Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Industrial or Civil Engineering discipline. (NQF level 7/8) OR
- A recognized National Diploma in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Industrial or Civil Engineering discipline. (NQF level 6)
- Degree Holders: A minimum of five (5) years’spost qualification in either project management, mining, construction, manufacturing industry.
- Diploma Holders: A minimum of seven (7) years’s post qualification in either project management, mining, construction, manufacturing industry.
- A Post graduate diploma in project management and Msc /Meng in a relevant Engineering discipline will be an added advantage.
- Asset management, CAPM, PMP, Leadership qualification will be an added advantage.
- A valid Code B driver’s licence.
- A Police certificate of conduct of not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Project management and supervision skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Rossing Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
243 total views, 1 today